• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don't count the Astros out just yet

countikon

Reaction score
The Astros have finally been on a good winning streak. 6 games and if they keep playing like they have been for the first 6 innings of this game vs. The Pirates, it should go to 7. I hope St. Louis looses a few and then the Astros win the NL Central and go to the playoffs.

Best of luck to the Stros, even though I kind of gave up on them a few months ago. :angry:

GO ASTROS!!!

I've watched as many Astros games as I could this year and I saw all seven of the last wins!! :thumbs:

The MLB package from my cable company was the best $180.00 I've spent this year, WOW has this been fun so far!!!!

Here's a picture of my friend Nelson and me with Dropkick Murphys guitarist James Lynch. Guess which one is me :laugh:

JamesLynch.jpg

Quiet down over here!

Us St. Louis fans are trying to wallow in our own self pity.

I didn't they would turn it out(thanks to the Cards sucking), but the last quarter of the season brings out the best in the Stros.

I also can't imagine how much it would piss off golfgar if we won the division and clicked them out of the playoffs.

Next five games are huge.

The Stros almost never make it to the playoffs without scratching and clawing their way up from the basement. For some weird reason, they only seem to really get motivated when things are hopeless. Go figure. I thought this season was a lost cause, but they've come back from situations like this in the past. So, you're right, don't count them out.

LMFAO!! Some Cardinals fans have got to be suicidal about now. :laugh: The Astros were down 6-1. Going into the 9th, they were down 6-5 and down to their last out when Luke Scott singled home the tying run. Brad Ausmus got the winning run home in the top of the 15th with a sac fly and the Astros WIN!

In St. Louis the cocky San Diego Padres figured they'd pitch to Pujols with the Cardinals down 2-1 with two men on because Bochy "has confidence" :rolleyes: in his rookie phenom Cla Meredith. Well Albert made the young man pay dearly with a three run homer. Bochy is an idiot and so deserved to lose that game, there is no excuse for that. I hope the Dodgers win the NL West and as much as I don't like the Phillies, I hope they knock San Diego out of the playoffs.......

Bill the Astro's are a remarkable story this year. The Cardinals have just about disappeared in the stretch. In today's NY Times there is an article with a parallel to the 64 Phillies, great read.

Astros always seem to wait until the end of the season before starting to play championship ball. I don't ever count them out but they still have a bit of an up hill climb these last four games. Their bats need to stay alive.

ST Louis plays 4 with Milwaukee at St Louis. SL record against Mil this year is 4-5. Unfortunately their home played games against them are 4-2. I'm hoping for Mil to at least split and give the stros a chance.

Stros have another game against Pit in Pit and then 3 with Atlanta in Atlanta. They sure do things the hard way. LOL!

Go Stros!

I just don't want to talk about it. :laugh:

As I look out onto PNC park, it has been raining here all day. They started the game about 30 minutes ago. No score in the 4th. No way they would be playing today under normal circumstances. The report said there are about 100 to 200 people in the park. The temp is around 50*, and it is still raining. Must be family members :laugh:

Pray for St. Louis to loose tonight. Sorry Cardinals fans.

Pray to who? Keep you know who out of it! It is only baseball. BTW the Cards were down by 7 last time I looked. If they don't make the playoffs then I save big bucks on playoff tickets. I hate to throw money into a losing propostition.

Well, this is what I've been afraid of all year, we came up one game short. :( The Cardinals are losing big today to the Brewers, they decided to NOT start Carpenter and save him just in case they needed to play that make up game with the Giants had the Astros won today.

The Astros had a very exciting year and took it all the way to game #162 so good for them and WOW, were these last 12 days a whole lotta fun! :thumbs:

I'm pulling for the Cardinals. They're already behind the 8 ball since they will not have the home field advantage in Round 1 which will most likely be against the Padres. ;)

I'd love to see a situation where that dumbass Bochy decided to pitch to Pujols AGAIN with his "phenom" :rolleyes: Cla Meredith with the game on the line. :laugh:

Yep, hellava run really. Glad the Cards were able to get through, though they have got to step it up a notch in the post season.

It'll be fun.