• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Downtown Disney

Nashkicker

Kick Ass Duke
I'll be in Disney July 18-27. I see that there is a cigar shop in the downtown Disney area. So I have a few questions for ya;

1. Anyone ever been there?
2. How's the selection?(I know price will prpbably be rediculous)
3. Do you know if they have any HTF or "special" cigars?

I'll be in Disney July 18-27. I see that there is a cigar shop in the downtown Disney area. So I have a few questions for ya;

My last trip was just prior to Disney shutting down all of their dance/night clubs to revamp. Fuego by Sosa was small, but a nice hangout with a bar inside and outdoor patio area. I recall being pleasantly surprised by the pricing. You're not going to find any bargains, but very reasonable considering the location. I believe I smoked a Padron Principe Maduro ($10-12)

The other shop I stopped by was located somewhere in the middle of the Downtown Disney area. It had a walk-in humi with a much larger selection than Fuego. I grabbed a 100 Anos Corona and headed over to the House of Blues to listen to some live music out front.

Decent selections, but no HTF cigars as I recall. If you bring your own, you'll have plenty of places to smoke and kick back. Should you not want to carry your own, you can go with confidence that you'll find something to your liking at a fair price.

I hear Corona Cigar in Orlando is pretty cool, but expensive. I don't think it is downtown Disney.

Ken

I was there in Jan on my honeymoon. I think you are talking about Sosa's. The walkin humidor is pretty large. They do have a good cigar selection, especially if you like Padron and the prices are reasonable. Another good thing is you can smoke your cigars all around downtown disney (outdoors of course). It was good because it gave me an excuse not to have to go into the stores I did not want to :laugh:

Are you talking Disney, FL, or Disney, CA??

Fuego which I believe is the one all the way at the end of the boardwalk had a decent selection of Opus when I was there last. But, be prepared to dig a little.......... I think the RDC's were like $21 and I don't remember any of the others. I guess it's not too bad considering it's Disney, hell I've seen a lot worse!

Disney CA is that place still open. Who gives a crap about snow whites castle. :p

Orlando has a 3-store chain of cigar stores called The Corona Cigar Store. One of them is very close to the Disney area. It is a little on the expensive side (usually full retail price, sometimes more), but still worth the trip. They have a very large selection, they sell beer and wine and it's air conditioned. Florida is "no smoking indoors" state, so very few places allow smoking indoors and you probably don't want to be sitting outside in July. Since the Corona store is a cigar store, they get an exemption from the rule.

If you can make it, plan to spend some time. There is lots to look at (they have almost everything) and you'll probably want to have a cigar and enjoy the place. It's easy to kill a couple of hours there.

They get lots of tourist traffic, so it lacks the family atmosphere of The Outlaw in KC, but it's a good stop if you are in Orlando.

From a cigar point-of-view, the other 2 stores are very similar. The layout and lounge areas are different. The one I visit (in Lake Mary) has a piano and Avo makes the occasional Saturday night visit.

Enjoy brother!

If you have access to a car the Sandlake Corona that jgohkle mentioned is a must see, very easy to find from disney.Pm me if you want directions

Sorry folks, Disneyland is closed. The moose out front should've told you.

Just got back from Disney and went to Downtown Disney (Florida) every night. There is actually has 2 "Sosa cigar" locations at Downtown Disney. One location is a bar where you can drink, buy cigars and smoke. It is located right across from the "Harley Davidson" shop. The other is almost at the opposite end of downtown disney and almost across from the "House of Blues." They only sell the sticks there with a fairly nice walk in humidor.

I was there about two weeks ago and they had a small yet decent selection. They had Opus at the time and pretty close to MSRP. I picked up a couple of Power Rangers for about $14.00 a piece. Limit 2 of course. If you can get to Corona Cigar Co. I would recommend it. The downtown Orlando location is the biggest. They have everything! There is also a bar attached that sells very nice Cuban style sandwiches and mojitos; all served by a very authentic and gorgeous Cuban young lady. Nice place!