• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DPG Blue Label Firecracker

Time for my 3rd annual installment of the DPG Blue Firecracker review. It's my last one. I have a friend not too far from NH who says he'll try and stop by sometime soon and pick me up some more, but I know the ones they had last have the new-style DPG band. If these do continue, it will be an interesting comparison between new-blend and old.

100_6539.jpg

Went to a nearby park with the family on the Fourth, trying to avoid the crowds. We packed a picnic dinner, played on the playground for a while, and once the sun started heading west, we headed up closer to the water to eat and relax. Finished dinner, opened a can of Oskar Blues' Dale's Pale Ale (thought the red, white, and blue can was appropriate) and grabbed my traveldor. Because of the setting, the review will be short and sweet.

This one was real beat up. Cracks all up and down the wrapper. But somehow, amazingly, the Fuse was still intact. I was shocked. Clipped the Fuse with my cutter, and put flame to foot. Once I had it going, I carefully slid the band down a little, trying to make sure the cracking didn't get worse. Like the first two, I was hit with lots of pepper right up front. The burn was a little off, but it wasn't from the cracked wrapper. Much to my surprise, the cracked parts weren't burning too bad.

100_6546.jpg

Around this point is when the pepper started to fade to a more leathery taste. I thought this was familiar, but I wasn't sure. (I didn't re-read the previous reviews until just now to see how my notes match up, and I didn't want to influence my review) The leather just rode it out the rest of the way.

100_6550.jpg

I tried to keep it going, but it was tough to keep it lit. It definitely did the job. Looking back, it wasn't as good as the first, but without a doubt, better than the second. I'm thinking that one must have been a dud. The hoppiness of the beer paired well with the cigar. And it was around this time that the sun was going down. Time to pack everything up and head home.

100_6552.jpg

I have one last picture to add to the review. I didn't want to resize it, because it just wouldn't look the same. The pic is huge, but I think it's worth the view. Thought it was a welcome change from the ads normally being pulled around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/tomthirtysix/Cigars/100_6554.jpg

Please don't bump year old threads.