• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drag racers will dig this!

anybody who knows anything about drag racing knows that when you get up like that you loose the race...it also is a sign of a car that is improperly tuned..and you are likely to throw a rod right though you hood doing dtuff like that..but a wheeling competition is always fun to watch..just not during a real race

Having drag raced for about 10 yrs. I disagree.

Wheel stands done properly. Will give your car better traction. Alot of cars that do wheel stand have their frames custom done to be able to handle the stress of the wheel stand and have had some serious suspension work done to their cars to be able to achieve this.. I have seen many 9-8 sec cars do a wheel stands. PLUS they are cool as hell to watch..

Wheel stands have nothing to do with tuning of a car.
It has more to do with suspension.
I remember having a 9 sec mustang 5.oL and i could get it about 2" off the ground... :thumbs:

now all i have is a crummy 13 sec Grand Prix :D

I used to have a '72 Jeep CJ5 with a Corvette LT1 350 in it (yes, it REALLY was- I put it in myself...)

With that much HP, and that light of a vehicle, not to mention the shoooooort wheelbase, I could get the front end about 3-4 feet off the ground. not really that practical (actually broke a spring showing off...), except out in the woods trying to get the front end up a small incline or such! That thing was too scary to drive on the winter roads up here, even with 4 wheel drive so I got rid of it... sure do miss it tho- used to race kids on the local 'strip' and whoop them good. It was a BLAST to see their faces once we popped the hood and they recognized what it was under there! Even the valve covers and air cleaner were the original ones that had 'Corvette' all over them! :laugh:

Nothing like that video tho.. man that's cool, tuned or not! Wild seeing someone wheelie'ing (sp?) down the track for a long distance wheelie!

Very cool video but any Honda with a bunch of sticker of parts they don't have, a tach that's bigger than the steering wheel and a giant wing that creates enough downforce to keep a F14 glued to the tarmac could take any one of those cars.

ahhhh the wheel standers.
super comp cars i beleive 9 seconds and faster.

reminds me of my days working at heartland park in topeka.

it is true the wheel stand is a by product of the horsepower laid down by these cars. it usually only lasts a few seconds though.

great stuff :thumbs:

alexgtp said:
Having drag raced for about 10 yrs. I disagree.

Wheel stands done properly. Will give your car better traction. Alot of cars that do wheel stand have their frames custom done to be able to handle the stress of the wheel stand and have had some serious suspension work done to their cars to be able to achieve this.. I have seen many 9-8 sec cars do a wheel stands. PLUS they are cool as hell to watch..

Wheel stands have nothing to do with tuning of a car.
It has more to do with suspension.
I remember having a 9 sec mustang 5.oL and i could get it about 2" off the ground... :thumbs:

now all i have is a crummy 13 sec Grand Prix :D
[snapback]237886[/snapback]​

my gf's dad wad a drag racer (funny car) when you come down in a few weeks talk to her..she knows more about racing than both of us ever will...lol

I do that at almost every stoplight in my factory tuned Hyundai Accent! What's the big deal? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Very cool video, always liked watching wheel standers at Englishtown. The ones that made the sparks were always cool at night.

OutlawD said:
ahhhh the wheel standers.
super comp cars i beleive 9 seconds and faster.

reminds me of my days working at heartland park in topeka.

it is true the wheel stand is a by product of the horsepower laid down by these cars. it usually only lasts a few seconds though.

great stuff :thumbs:
[snapback]238116[/snapback]​

Holy crap!! We had our Grand Prix Gathering back in 2003 at Heartland.. They have awesome tracks!!