• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drew Estate Cigars

I'm not a big fan of Drew Estates' infused cigars...but I am a huge fan of their Liga Privada No. 9. It's a staple in my humidor. I do have a buddy from the army who loves them though. He is big on the Kuba Kuba and Blondie.

Trust in Isy...he is a very experienced retailer and won't steer you wrong. Very knowledgeable.

BBS and Yesi are correct as well. You have to be a member in good standing for at least 3 months to participate in a pass, and you have to have been in several passes before starting one. However, once you have fulfilled the requirement BBS' idea of starting a Drew Estates/flavored/infused cigar pass would be an interesting idea. I'm sure you would find a few takers here on CP.

Also...remember...you're the one smoking the cigar, so always like what you smoke and smoke what you like. While many cigar smokers may have different preferences than you, don't let them stop you from indulging in your preferences...
Worth quoting.....:thumbs:

I too have quite a few LP#9's in my humidor. No question that Drew Estates knows how to make a fine cigar....just wish they wouldn't dip some of them in "Old Spice"......:laugh:

And I absolutely agree - smoke what you like, like what you smoke. But, don't be put off if you get some "polarized" replies on the subject of Acids.....;)

Cheers - B.B.S.

Thanks for the kind words David. And I agree with both you and Tom in that you gotta smoke what you like, and like what you smoke. Here's something I'll say about ACID. I don't smoke them, but a TON of people out there do. And one thing that can be said about them is that they've created a whole new lot of cigar smokers, bringing up our numbers significantly. While some of them continue to smoke ACIDs, quite a few have moved on to traditional non-infused cigars, which in my opinion, can only bring good things to this industry. But bottom line, whether you smoke ACIDs or not, a BOTL is still a BOTL....regardless of what they're smoking.

Thanks for the kind words David. And I agree with both you and Tom in that you gotta smoke what you like, and like what you smoke. Here's something I'll say about ACID. I don't smoke them, but a TON of people out there do. And one thing that can be said about them is that they've created a whole new lot of cigar smokers, bringing up our numbers significantly. While some of them continue to smoke ACIDs, quite a few have moved on to traditional non-infused cigars, which in my opinion, can only bring good things to this industry. But bottom line, whether you smoke ACIDs or not, a BOTL is still a BOTL....regardless of what they're smoking.

Amen Brother, Well Said.

I have my first LP #9 sitting in the humi right now. Cant wait to try it.

I've only had the T52 (from the non-infused side) and was extremely impressed!!! Still looking to try a #9.

On the other hand, the few ACIDs I've had were excellent cigars for being the infused type. Not my regular go-to style of cigar but none-the-less a very high quality product!

PM punk_lawyer. He is the resident expert on all things Drew.

He is a big Steeler's fan too!

According to DE, the Dulce IS the Kahlua. They were already made and had to put a new band on them since Kahlua broke off all marketing deals with everyone. Keep in mind though, that the Kahluas that you are picking up are all old, since they haven't been made in a while. Could it be that it IS in fact the same cigar, but the age difference is what makes you think it's a different smoke? I don't smoke them and never smoked the Kahluas, so I don't know. But what I do know is that DE says the Kahlua IS the Tabak Dulce.

You could be very right about that. It could very well be the age.

Ive boughten quite a few of the Dulce, and they just seem to taste and smoke different. But you are right, Ive read on several boards it is the exact same blend.

I need a blind taste test :)

I'll bring some DE's with me whenever we're able to hook up.

I would like to thank you all for the info on Drew Estates cigers. Can someone give me a quick run down of how to add the tab add a freind under my pic

It's there, you just can't see it cause you can't be your own friend.

I think the La Vieja Habana is a great cigar for the money. It's a short filler, but still very good.

I smoked my first Drew Estates cigar yesterday, a T52. It was impressive!! I must get a few more.

When I started smoking, it was havana honeys and Acid's...smoked them for a while!

Since then my tastes developed and changed.

However, I do love the Liga Privada #9's. Fantastic smoke! The first one I had damn near knocked me on my butt though, so don't underestimate them. I've tried the La Vieja Habana as well, not too bad. Isla del sol was okay, but I think it has a sweet tip?

The ex used to get me a Kahlua cigar every now and again because she liked the smell.

I've yet to try the new Tabac Especials, even though I see them at the B&M every time I go.