• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Driving MA to PA, where to get sticks?

KenM10759

I'm driving from central Massachusetts over to York/Lancaster area tomorrow, and would love to know of a place out there where a BOTL could visit there or along the way. Someplace with GOOD selection, perhaps some choice of bundled cigars, would be good.

I imagine I'll be taking I-84 out to I-81, it's the least traffic and I've done it before.

Any suggestions that are NOT far off my course?

Thanks!

I go to this B&M often when I am down that way and they have a nice selection and some good prices. This is right off I-81.

EDIT - Covering tracks for SS

In Lancaster I go to Ray's

Ray's Tobacco Cafe
1441 Harrisburg Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
(717) 509-2039

In York there is:

Hain's Pipe Shop‎
225 S George St
York, PA‎
(717) 843-2237

Small but right next to a decent sports bar

A better selection can be found at:

Custom Blends York
2559 S Queen St
York, PA 17402-4966
Phone: 717-741-4972

I'm all tied up tomorrow or I'd join you. Are you going to be in the area awhile?

If I were you, I'd stop in to see Jim D. at his shop (<<linky) in Hartford, CT. He's one of only two Davidoff white glove shops in Connecticut. He's also has nice Fuentes on hand too as well as Padron 1926s. Be sure to ask for "Todd" (screen name "Rastacat"), he'll hook you up with whatever you need.

He also has other less expensive lines too BUT you really owe it to yourself to get some nice cigars on your trip.

Life is too short to smoke cheap cigars. ;)

If I were you, I'd stop in to see Jim D. at his shop (<<linky) in Hartford, CT. He's one of only two Davidoff white glove shops in Connecticut. He's also has nice Fuentes on hand too as well as Padron 1926s. Be sure to ask for "Todd" (screen name "Rastacat"), he'll hook you up with whatever you need.

He also has other less expensive lines too BUT you really owe it to yourself to get some nice cigars on your trip.

Life is too short to smoke cheap cigars. ;)

While I agree with you about cheap cigars to an extent, with the sheer number that I smoke (especially while driving long distances) I can't justify buying lots of expensive ones. I have found there's a few bundled cigars that are downright acceptable, and the one I gravitate toward always has a few in each bundle that turn out to be especially enjoyable. Consistency is the hallmark of good boxed cigars like the Padron (which I do love, and have in my humidor), but I can accept a reasonable increase in the "range of tolerance" for the everyday walkaround cigar. I am taking a couple of Tat's and Padrons along with me, but I always like to visit new shops when I travel.

Thanks guys for the referrals in PA. I'll be going through Hartford much too early to visit there. I'll be in PA until Thursday afternoon, perhaps Friday morning.