• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DryMistat

Sockmonkey

I purchased a DryMistat tube the other day and tossed it into a travel humidor that I gave to my brother for Christmas along with a 5er of cigars. The company says that they won't leak but when he opened it the foam was a little damp in a couple of places. 1 is this normal for them to leak a bit? and 2 is the stuff in the tubes safe? I told him to thke the foam out and let it dry out but wasnt sure If I did something wrong when I put water in the tube. I have been using one in my small 100 count humidor with no leaking you guys have any suggestions?

I would not use one in a travel humidor, as they are turned every which way. And yes, the Drymistat will transfer moisture. I keep the one Y use at a slight angle, top higher than the bottom.

I have seen them before but never used one. Is that some sort of SAP inside? Does it regulate humidity in both directions or is the sole purpose to release humidity?