• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dunhill Pipe?

King

Where is the best place to purchase a dunhill pipe.
Or is pricing all pretty much the same?
Dunhill Pipe Recommendations?

Thanks for your time, and opinions.

King

Cupojoes.com has a very large selection of new dunhill pipes, and smokingjoes.cm has some estates at a fair price. If you buy new they are very expensive, so you make look at some estates in good condition.

Cupojoes.com has a very large selection of new dunhill pipes, and smokingjoes.cm has some estates at a fair price. If you buy new they are very expensive, so you make look at some estates in good condition.

Are all Dunhill pipes sold at MSRP, or do some net companies discount?

Thanks

because of the reputation of dunhill pipes it will be hard to find them for less than msrp unless you go estate

I never knew pipes can be so expensive. :0

Are they really that good?

Yes they are a great pipe. Unfortunately, I still haven't bought one. I may have to change that this year and get me a new Dunhill. But there is plenty of other great pipes out there for half the price of a Dunhill.

it seems like, with dunhill, you are more paying for a collector's piece. I hear they smoke very well, but it can't be THAT much better, ya know? I suppose it would be a great piece to hand down

Dunhill makes exceptional pipes, but thats not to say that you cant get a great pipe for a lot less.

search the estate market , you can find almost new Dunhills for 50% of msrp

You might want to research the different eras of Dunhill pipes. Or not. :D

If you want the ultimate experience, you may want to have a pipe custom made. Or not. ;)

Think I was a bit drunk last night? :) I can only guess what my line of thought might have been. I think I was trying to conv that there is much one can do with the coin spent on a good Dunhill. That being mumbled, cupojoes.com has a great selection and ebay has even more options for buying a new or used Dunhill.

I generally prefer estate pipes anyway, but particularly, with Dunhill, I think new Dunhills aren't a good value. It's quite common to see recent make Dunhills on eBay for 1/3 of MSRP, if they've been smoked a good bit, and 1/2 of MSRP unsmoked. Similar prices for older pieces, too, but with more wear. Most folks would say the older Dunhills smoke better than the newer ones... Regardless if you prefer a newer shinier pipe, or an older tastier pipe, I think for Dunhill, you are definitely better off with an estate pipe from a reasonably reputable seller. Just MHO of course.

I generally prefer estate pipes anyway, but particularly, with Dunhill, I think new Dunhills aren't a good value. It's quite common to see recent make Dunhills on eBay for 1/3 of MSRP, if they've been smoked a good bit, and 1/2 of MSRP unsmoked. Similar prices for older pieces, too, but with more wear. Most folks would say the older Dunhills smoke better than the newer ones... Regardless if you prefer a newer shinier pipe, or an older tastier pipe, I think for Dunhill, you are definitely better off with an estate pipe from a reasonably reputable seller. Just MHO of course.

I agree with most of this post.
The shine of the Dunhill, did draw me in, to try one.
Then I purchased a few more overpriced new Dunhill pipes, and they smoke fantastic, compared to all of my other pipes, except for my Roush pipe.
Which might be, my all time favorite!
Time will tell.

I do not plan on selling, so all the pipe money, is dust, in my case in regard to resale value.

Thanks, for all the great feedback!