• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 RE 2nd Release (Mexico)

dulaney22

Banned
Reaction score
Over the past weekend, I finally finished up the behemoth of a read that is The Count of Monte Cristo, so what better time could there be to light up this behemoth of a cigar? :D After 5,400 pages on my iPhone (yes, it is wonderful for reading), I was happy to count down the last couple hundred with a fine smoke.

This cigar is like a super-sized Monte #2, at least in appearance. Feel was fairly firm to the touch. The cigar was pretty veiny and medium brown in color. I did not find the wrapper to be very oily. The stogie lit easily and provided a nice draw.

DSC03160.jpg

Once lit, a nice peppery spice greeted my palate. Quickly, this turned to a vanilla/honey cream that was accompanied by earthy and leathery tastes during the first third. The second third exhibited sweet cinnamon tastes to accompany toasty undertones of cedar. About halfway in, the cinnamon picked up in richness and, by the final third, evolved into a creamy, chocolate smoke. Other than one point about halfway in, the burn was perfect. Luckily, the problem corrected itself.

DSC03170.jpg

I really enjoyed this cigar. At this time, it is definitely not worth the price. Case-in-point . . . I smoked an '06 Monte #2 a few hours before the Dantes and it exhibited pretty much the same flavors in a bolder, richer fashion . . . at about a third of the cost. However, this cigar is only a year old and did exhibit some fine, although somewhat muted, flavors. I hope time will make this stogie more robust.

Great review! I've never seen that cigar before, it does have a nice look to it though. Your reviews are very well written, I enjoyed reading this one and the Tat Black one, keep it up! :thumbs:

I also love reading on my iPhone. Great pics, makes me want to smoke the only one I currently have resting..... Thanks for the review

I also love reading on my iPhone. Great pics, makes me want to smoke the only one I currently have resting..... Thanks for the review

Which program do you use? I've read several from the Classics app, but I'm currently using iFlow's 150 Greatest Books. I really like the Classics one, but the iFlow allows you to set a "flow" speed so you don't have to flip pages or scroll down.