• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Centurion Review

Holy crap ... I hadn't had dinner yet so I took it from the review that it was a medium bodied cigar and figured ...eh I will be alright. Man was I wrong, this cigar kicked my a$$! So either I power smoked it or maybe cause my stomach was empty but I was dizzy and out after that smoke.

It was a bit harsh in the begining nothing a little aging might help but spicey, then it got smooth and sweet on the second fourth...halfway down and the stick was spicey and tons of flavor. working on the 3rd fourth and thats when I hit a wall...left an inch on it and had to lie down to catch my breath. WOW! Besides getting a little ill it had lots of flavor. I might wait to revist this one and next time on a full stomach. :blush: I feel like such a newb! :rolleyes:

I may be in the minority on this one, but I didn't really care for this cigar much at all. I found it to be just as harsh as the Cuban Classic and very similar in taste to the Hoya de Nic.

Stink

Wow, I don't get that at all. I actually love this cigar. It starts out as a good, but not great cigar at light, but quickly evens out and becomes one of my favorite cigars. I'm actually thinking about buying a second box. Does anyone know if they are a one-time release or a yearly limited release? I've heard both ways, and I'd like to get a clear answer before I commit.

Needs to be smoked a littleon the dry side otherwise it will be harsh like the cuban classic. Seems like all his smokes need to be a little on the dry side.

Needs to be smoked a littleon the dry side otherwise it will be harsh like the cuban classic. Seems like all his smokes need to be a little on the dry side.
You are correct. See THIS THREAD by vortex for word from the man himself (DPG).

I've not had one of these yet, but I've heard mixed reviews. I'm looking forward to trying the few I hae been graciously blessed with once this head cold is gone. The way things are going, that should be around Christmas. :( :rolleyes:

You are correct. See THIS THREAD by vortex for word from the man himself (DPG).

I've not had one of these yet, but I've heard mixed reviews. I'm looking forward to trying the few I hae been graciously blessed with once this head cold is gone. The way things are going, that should be around Christmas. :( :rolleyes:
Good snag on that thread. Any idea why those types of tobacco need the lower humidity? Perhaps we can create a list of cigars that have this issue for easier reference. All I need is another excuse to buy another humidor.

Stink

Thanks for the review. I've got a few singles that I'm going to have to give a try.

How would you guys say these compare to the San Cristobal? I've had two of the SC's and have not really enjoyed them. I think they will improve with age, but fresh, I didn't care for them.

Wilkey

Thanks for the review. I've got a few singles that I'm going to have to give a try.

How would you guys say these compare to the San Cristobal? I've had two of the SC's and have not really enjoyed them. I think they will improve with age, but fresh, I didn't care for them.

Wilkey

I've smoked one of each, and the Centurion blows the SC away as far as volume of flavor.

I liked the SC as a low-key light/medium bodied maduro, but the assertiveness of the Centurion seemed to be more of a 'smokers smoke' if that makes any sense.