• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2023

Victor Sinclair Connecticut Yankee - 6 x 60
$1.87 ea./delivered.

A medium Dominican with Dominican & Nicaraguan fillers - and an Habano Connecticut wrapper.

It's too early to tell, as I smoked this one right off the truck - as I was getting them situated in their humidor. Still, a decent smoke with good construction. Not too shabby.

Victor Sinclair Connecticut Yankee.jpg

EDIT: I didn't realize that this one was the "Connecticut Reserve" The band looks very close to the Olivia "O"

Olivia Connecticut Reserve. Nicaraguan, with a Connecticut wrapper.
$7 Everyday online price, but the frugal shopper can easily get these for <$4. This batch was <$2.50.

The literature says that it's a medium+, but I think it tends a bit toward the mellow scale. Mellow.
This one has been @68% for about five weeks. Well constructed stick, and burned exceptionally well.

A nice, smooth smoke - especially at this price point.

Olivia O.jpg

Last edited:
6 x 60 Graycliff G2.

These are $4 or $5 everyday online price.
Certainly <$3/ea with a sale.

Nicaraguan
Filler: Dominican, Nicaraguan
Wrapper: Ecuador Connecticut

Mellow+ stick that stays lit and burns evenly.

grayclifftwo.jpg

These are six or eight bucks at your favorite online cigar emporium.

Puffy price $2.45/delivered, as part of a 42 cigar sampler.

Nicaraguan, with a Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

The literature says "medium" but this one was mellow - and smooooth.

Great construction. Perfect burn.

Nub Connecticut.jpg

Last edited:
Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo - 6 x 60
$1.87 ea./delivered (sampler pack).
Typical online price $3.50.

A medium/full Dominican with a Corojo wrapper.

Good construction that burned well and stayed lit. Nice draw. Overall, a very decent smoke.

1000005143.jpg

Olivia O. Nicaraguan, with a sun grown Habano wrapper.
$7 Everyday online price, but the frugal shopper can easily get these for <$4. This batch was <$2.50.

The literature says that it's a medium+, but I think it tends a bit toward the mellow scale.
This one has been @68% for about five weeks. Well constructed stick, and burned exceptionally well.

A nice, smooth smoke - especially at this price point.

View attachment 72431
Where do you guys get such prices... B&M... hunting on bidding sites? Curious minds (and ones just retired) wanna know

Where do you guys get such prices... B&M... hunting on bidding sites? Curious minds (and ones just retired) wanna know
Ya gotta be cheap. And coupon hunt. And subscribe to several online cigar retailers. And be patient. I haven't used the bidding sites.

If you sign up for the Cigar Page email list, they will send you 10 emails a day with something else that’s on sale. But you have been warned, I am not kidding about the frequency of their emails…

If you sign up for the Cigar Page email list, they will send you 10 emails a day with something else that’s on sale. But you have been warned, I am not kidding about the frequency of their emails…

Hahahahahaha - they're not the only one like that. I just scan the subject lines. More than "70% off" usually gets my attention.

Here's a 5 Vegas Gold to go with my morning coffee. This one is from a 10 combo pack that usually goes for about $35.

These were $1.87 ea/delivered.

Honduran, with Honduran & Nicaraguan fillers and an Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

These have been in the humidor @68% for about two weeks.
Good construction and well behaved cigar. Nice mellow smoke.

smoking a 5 vegas gold.jpg
5 vegas gold.jpg

Padilla Series '68 in 6 x 60.
Honduran with a Corojo wrapper.

The construction seemed pretty tight, but it had a good draw and ended up a smoooth mellow smoke - that burned well all the way to the end.

About five bucks online. Puffy price $2.45, as part of a 42 cigar sampler.

padilla 1968.jpg

Gurkha Chairman's Select. Churchill Perfecto in 7 x 54.
Medium Dominican with an Criollo '98 wrapper.

Smooth. Excellent construction and a perfect burn.
Smoked waaaay above the Puffy $2.58 price point.

Gurkha Chairmans Select.jpg