• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2024

Drew Estates Tabak Especial Cafecita Dulce 4 x 32.

"a rich tobacco core layered with savory espresso notes and a touch of milk chocolate, all perfectly balanced by a sweet, velvety aftertaste"

I could do without that "sweet" part.

Still, a pretty decent little stick. Nice aroma.

Tabak.jpg

$2.58 Gurkha Status from April '23.
A mellow Dominican with an Connecticut wrapper.

C.I. has these in stock right now for $9-ish/ea, 🤣😅😂
Wait for a big sale. These are great for $2.58.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐ ⭐

Gurkha Status.jpg

Last edited:
$1.94 Victor Sinclair Legacy Double Maduro. Dominican.

"A Natural Broadleaf Connecticut Maduro wrapper plus a sweet Maduro binder equals Double Maduro smoking excellence. Mellow, smooth but extremely rich and robust."

I didn't notice the "double" maduro. In fact, it barely seemed "maduro". Not a bad stick though.

Medium.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 2/3rds

Victor Sinclair Double Maduro.jpg

$2 Victor Sinclair Primeros.

Mellow Dominican, with Dominican long leaf fillers and a Connecticut wrapper.

It's usually cheaper to get these in a "pack", but they had nice boxes on super sale for less.
C.I. has these on sale right now box 20/$65 ($3.25 ea before additional discounts).

All of these Victor Sinclair sticks have had good construction and burned well.

Victor Sinclair Primeros.jpg

View attachment 72120

"Dutch Masters Palma cigars feature an all-tobacco leaf wrapper filled with top quality Caribbean Basin Cuban seed tobaccos. Made right here in the USA". Actually, Puerto Rico. I don't know why they don't just say Puerto Rico.

A box of 55 of these 5 3/5 x 42 sticks is $65 everyday online.

A mild machine-made cigar with cut fillers and a natural tobacco leaf wrapper.

The nice thing about this type of cigar is that they aren't picky about humidity and they will almost always have a good draw and a good burn line. A decent early day smoke, or if you just want a mild, easy smoke.

A solid 3.5 on the Puffy smokeability scale.

Dutch Masters.jpg

Last edited:
I got the yards mowed n trimmed and the sun is shining with blue skies.

I know that this looks like a selection from a Chinese menu, but it's actually a $0.71 Filipino stick, paired with some premium bourbon.

Does it ever get any better than this ?
😁🤣😋

1000009137.jpg1000008983.jpg

<$3 Padilla Series '68 original in 6 x 60. $4-ish everyday online. Cigar Page has them at 20bx/$65 for you Robusto smokers. A bit more for the larger sticks.

https://www.cigarpage.com/padilla-series-68-original.html

"A Honduran-grown, Corojo-seed wrapper surrounds a bold mix of all-Honduran long-filler tobacco........notes of coffee bean, leather, and cocoa with a hint of citrus on the finish"

Nice, tasty cigar. This is my second bunch of these, and they've all been well behaved.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Padilla 68 series original.jpg

Last edited:
$1.94 Victor Sinclair Series 55 Sungrown - in the handy Churchill size.

"Handcrafted with a premium blend of long fillers from five different countries of origin, and aged for five years."

A pretty decent stick, but it's a bit stronger than I usually smoke.

vs origins.png

VS55-2.jpg
VS55-1.jpg

$1.87 Victor Sinclair Vintage Select, in the big-fat size. About $3-ish at your finer online outlets.

Medium Dominican, with Dominican long leaf fillers and an Brazilian Maduro wrapper.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1000009210.jpg

$2.09 Carlos Torano - Casa Torano 4.7 x 52.

Honduran - Dominican/Nicaraguan fillers - Nicaraguan binder - Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

C.I.'s price this morning is $6 ea + shipping/tax - but wait for one of their crazy sales. These are really good sticks under three bucks. They always smoke well.

Mellow/Medium

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Casa Torano.jpg

About 200 miles of back roads today, in nice sunshine and blue skies - and then a nice cigar.

$2.45 Cult Original Toro Grande 6 x 60 from September 2023. These are $5 everyday online.

Medium Nicaraguan with an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper.

Nice construction and a decent smoke. Good, even burn.

cult.jpgbike ride.jpg

$0.71 Double Happiness premium cigars - imported all the way from the Philippines.

"Great tasting golden Connecticut wrapped short-filler cigar that’s perfect with your morning coffee or yardwork. Sold in super economical 50 count bundles".

Mellow.

1000009320.jpg