• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Triunfador #4

jorel

Reaction score
I know El Triunfador. El Triunfador is a friend of mind. You, sir, are no El Triunfador.

Or the line goes. I knew this was a new blend of the "old" name. I still have 20 of a box of OR Triunfador Lanceros I bought a year ago. Love that dark, oily wrapper, maduro-type taste. Mmmm.

But we have to move on and embrace the new El Triunfador line. Yes - I could have selected the Lancero to do a true comparison - but why rush when it's totally different blend anyway. The No. 4 is a 4 x 48 - mine appeared to have slight box press but could be just how they were shipped. Started out real spice bomb - was worried it would be too much to smoke - and I had thought these were designed to be a bit more "medium." After good inch - it did "settle down" and was a very interesting smoke the entire way through. Good burn, well made. I leave the better review writing to Kingantz - just suffice it to say change can be good. Glad I got a fiver cuz means I have a few more to smoke.

John

4460569873_e9113e8cdc_o.png

4460569951_d643e110a6_o.jpg

I just saw these recently and picked a couple up. I enjoyed them quite a bit. Spicy up front, but mellowed just like yours.

Nice review!

I don't know John...I'm pretty stuck on the OR El Triunfador lanceros...

I have been smoking these for a few weeks now. They are no where near the older original release, but these smokes are some of my favorites. Spicy but with a nice creaminess to them...

I'm interested in trying these. The original got me on my lancero kick that I'm on. However, I'm a big fan of the Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper on the originals.

Well, I had to drop off the Shelby at Galpin today to get the clutch done, so on the way in to LA for work Shant and I stopped at Big Easy Cigars in Studio City to do a quick recon. Upon seeing the new El Triunfador blend however, the quick recon turned into sitting down for a smoke with the owner. Needless to say, I was very surprised by this new addition to the line. I honestly was a bit skeptical after the lackluster Black Tubo, which might have helped me to enjoy this cigar that much. Vastly different than the original blend, I would strongly discourage anyone from comparing the two. I love the original blend, but this new one is certainly very good. I found it fairly mild, easy on an empty stomach, and very creamy. I'll certainly be enjoying these regularly. :thumbs:

There seems to be quite a bit of debate between the OR and current blend of these. I might try to pick up one of each to do a comparison review. Might be kind of fun.

There seems to be quite a bit of debate between the OR and current blend of these. I might try to pick up one of each to do a comparison review. Might be kind of fun.

Why compare two entirely different cigars? They aren't even close in taste.