• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Esencia Cigar *NEW*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to CP, good luck with your cigars.

I'm sure you guys are in the promotion stage. This is a large community, you may do yourselves a lot of good by offering a few BOTL a small sampler with perhaps
a proviso that they post a short review. If the majority enjoy them, your credibility will soar.

Brian

I'm sure you guys are in the promotion stage. This is a large community, you may do yourselves a lot of good by offering a few BOTL a small sampler with perhaps
a proviso that they post a short review. If the majority enjoy them, your credibility will soar.

Brian

Yeh what he said :thumbs:

Welcome to CP from Central Va. Infinity gave a sound suggestion. Molina Cigar Co. maker of Devil's Weed did that exact thing. Several positive reviews, and comments in the review thread led to members seeking, and vendors carrying the line.

A few positive review can't hurt, get the right brother to give you a positive review and it can help your sales. Welcome from the Chicagoland area. :thumbs:

Brian

x4?? Roxor is a new cigar company on the scheme, and they did fairly well, when they remembered to send the samplers to the members!! :whistling:

Good luck in your new endeavor, I would be interested in trying a cigar of yours.

x4?? Roxor is a new cigar company on the scheme, and they did fairly well, when they remembered to send the samplers to the members!! :whistling:

Good luck in your new endeavor, I would be interested in trying a cigar of yours.
And the lesson is to forgo this unless you intend to follow up. Roxor failed to follow up on several credible reports of stanky sticks. The impression this leaves is that of half-assedness.

BTW, are you guys going to add any information about your company or your cigars to your website?

Wilkey

Sorry for any confusion there may be in the lack of information. A while back we did conduct a blind tasting on another board. Although we wanted to be able to hit several boards (this one included) with this blind test, we didn't have the amount of cigar we had hoped for at the time therefore limiting us to the one site. As for the lack of information, we wanted to leave folks thinking as much as possible and let the cigar speak for itself.

We plan to release them at the IPCPR trade show next week. I will be adding the booth numbers to the website soon. What I will tell you is that these are a very limited production Nicaraguan puro.

Here are some links to the reviews:

Club Stogie Announcement + Reviews

Esencia Reviews

Another review from CW

Please stay tuned for more info to come in the following weeks.

Brother of the Leaf, LLC

Welcome to CP from Cornwall, NY (West Point) on the Hudson River. I too would enjoy reviewing your cigar as I do for Smoke Magizine and other cigar sites as such........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Sorry for any confusion there may be in the lack of information. A while back we did conduct a blind tasting on another board. Although we wanted to be able to hit several boards (this one included) with this blind test, we didn't have the amount of cigar we had hoped for at the time therefore limiting us to the one site. As for the lack of information, we wanted to leave folks thinking as much as possible and let the cigar speak for itself.

We plan to release them at the IPCPR trade show next week. I will be adding the booth numbers to the website soon. What I will tell you is that these are a very limited production Nicaraguan puro.

Here are some links to the reviews:
Club Stogie Announcement + Reviews
Esencia Reviews
Another review from CW

Please stay tuned for more info to come in the following weeks.

Brother of the Leaf, LLC
Hmmm. That doesn't bode well for these being a decent quality, reasonably priced daily smoker. Any idea what the retail will be? Consider me jaded but another "very limited" $15 cigar, I don't need.

I won't be attending the IPCPR but members from this forum will. I hope that you'll be able to tell us more about the cigar, the tobacco, cultivation, production, and creation of your cigars. Perhaps I'm speaking only for myself but I seek more substance than style when encountering a new cigar, and especially so when that cigar is yet another "limited super premium reserve, etc."

Don't take this the wrong way but I think CigarPassers need more than a couple of free cigars to really take the measure of a cigar and its maker.

Wilkey

Hey there mysterious stranger. I myself would like to see a little more substance to your web-site.
To be honest, it didn't leave me thinking, or wanting to try the Cigar. Web site basically just came across as lacking for any number of reasons a person might speculate, organization, funding, etc.

A little too much of the "less is more" philosophy, eh? ;)

In any case, BotL, LLC, don't be scared off by our skepticism. We're a discerning bunch but never let it said that we give new cigars any less than a fair shake. If you've got a good cigar and it's priced right, your odds of making it are that much better.

Wilkey

Hey there mysterious stranger. I myself would like to see a little more substance to your web-site.
To be honest, it didn't leave me thinking, or wanting to try the Cigar. Web site basically just came across as lacking for any number of reasons a person might speculate, organization, funding, etc.

I'm with ya on this one Dan, as well as Wilkey. I didn't see a lot of substance to the website, and it did not provoke me to become interested in the cigar, nor did it provide any history on the blenders, rollers, their business as a whole... ???

As far as Wilkey, I agree with you that when a new cigar line comes out and they preach "limited production" and HTF attributes, I stay away. That type of marketing makes me, as a consumer with little to no experience with their product, stray from that new cigar, much less even have the desire to drop +$15 USD on a self-proclaimed "limited super premium" cigar that has not yet earned it's chops. Why would I spend $15 USD on a cigar that I have not even tried, when I could easily spend that money on an Fuente Opus or a Padron 1964 that I know for a fact will treat me right, and kiss me on the cheek at the end of our date? :p

Being that I live in California, a $15 MSRP cigar translates somewhere in the ballpark of $20-$25 USD once you add the tobacco taxes. I am not going to spend that much money on a cigar that I have no experience with if I can get something cheaper that has satisfied me before.

No thanks.

Souldoggie,

I just wanted to make clear that I pulled the $15 right out of my butt. But I suspect you know that. I'm guessing that whatever the MSRP, it won't be under $10.

I think it worthwhile to consider the case of the Drew Estates Liga Privada No.9. Now the parent brand, Drew/Drew Acid are cigars that few "educated" smokers would touch and so there had to be a ton of skepticism about this new cigar. However, being clear about the origins of the cigar and, most importantly, making a damn fine cigar, counteracted all of this and has built up a following. At about $10 stick, these are not cheap but I think the majority who have smoked and enjoyed these have found the price commensurate with the quality delivered. I sure do.

Whomever these guys are, I hope they've paid attention to what successful new brands have done in their introductions. I also hope they've gotten good advice on how to build quality into the very heart of their products and processes.

Finally, if these are being contract manufactured by someone (Plasencia, Litto, etc. who knows) then let it be told and sold as such. Be straight with us and we'll treat you right.

Wilkey

BTW, Jonathan, you're really distinguishing yourself as a member who makes thoughtful, insightful, and often appropriately humorous posts. Keep up the damned good work. :thumbs:

The commentary by my fellow BOTLS above has been appropriate and right on the money thus far - IMHO. This announcement, to date anyway, tends to smack of amateur-ness, inexperience, lack of capital and, truthfully, a fly-by-night kind of operation (of which, there are no shortage in this industry). Perhaps that's an inaccurate assessment, but the annoucement was made at other forums on the same date as it was here, yet there were only enough sticks to piece together to account for a handful of blind tastings? No others? Perhaps you're self-proclaimed "limited run" is correct if you have that few sticks to muster up. But, on the contrary, that seems to smell of (really shameless) self-promotion in an arena in which you've (at this date anyway) got nothing to really boast about - no name recongnition, no prior accolades, etc.

Just one fella's opinion - but I think your current situation can be vastly improved by communicaiton, information dissemination and a willingness to put your proverbial mouth where your money is by letting people get a hands-on gander at what you're trying to offer up, without the self-created air of mystery behind your product.

Guys - Not sure if you know this, but BOTL is the same company that brings you that fine Palio cutter, stand up company with an excellent reputation. There is a good reason why they have not released a ton of info on the cigar yet; I'm sure more info will follow after next week (following me?). ;) Also, there was never any mention to the price of the cigar.

This forum is designed to welcome manufacturers to post here - any and all information they wish to share with us. Please keep that in mind. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.