• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Espinosa/Protocol Review Series (2023)

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
This summer's review series features none-other than Erik Espinosa and Juan Cancel and their lines of cigars. For those not in the Know, Protocol is made at Erik's La Zona factory. The line up is going to be pretty comprehensive of what comes out of that factory. I've gone to great lengths to procure almost the entire Protocol line and as much of the Espinosa line as I could. You will notice the absence of the 601 line. I had to draw the line somewhere and getting singles of 601's was more difficult than you'd think. Plus, I've not been impressed with any 601 line cigar that I've had so they didn't make the cut. But I hope that you'll be impressed with what is covered and hopefully it will connect you to try something new.
Special thanks to @CBoukal, @PaulTra, & @Mizicke5273
Also stores that were helpful in getting one of each include Caravan Cigar Company, Puro Cigar House and Smoke Inn.
Here is what is in store, though the order is yet to be determined:
Espinosa's:
Protocol:
This is going to take a bit to get through.
IMG_1420.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1421.jpeg
    IMG_1421.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1423.jpeg
    IMG_1423.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1424.jpeg
    IMG_1424.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
This summer's review series features none-other than Erik Espinosa and Juan Cancel and their lines of cigars. For those not in the Know, Protocol is made at Erik's La Zona factory. The line up is going to be pretty comprehensive of what comes out of that factory. I've gone to great lenghts to procure almost the entire Protocol line and as much of the Espinosa line as I could. You will notice the absence of the 601 line. I had to draw the ine somewhere and getting singles of 601's was more difficult then you'd think. Plus, I've not been impressed with any 601 line cigar that I've had so they didn't make the cut. But I hope that you'll be impressed with what is covered and hopefullyl it will connect you to try something new. Here is what is in store, though the order is yet to be determined:
Espinosa's:
  • Crema
  • Habano
  • Especial
  • Wasabi
  • Murcielago
  • Murcielago TAA 2023 exclusive
  • Knuckle Sandwich in Maduro, Habano and Connecticut
  • Laranja in all 3 flavors
  • Comfortably Numb, Vol. 1, 2 & 3.
  • Fair Warning - shop exclusive
  • Alibi
  • Espinosa 10 years
  • Blood Orange
  • Las 6 Provinces CMW & LV
Protocol:
  • Red
  • Blue
  • Green
  • Gold
  • Silver
  • Sir Robert Peel Natural & Maduro
  • Bass Reeves Natural & Maduro
  • Eliot Ness Natural & Maduro
  • Dojo Collaboration 10th Year
  • Hard Coal Detective
  • J Train
  • Jane Doe
  • John Doe
  • The Law Part 1 & 2 - Shop exclusive
This is going to take a bit to get through.
View attachment 68313View attachment 68314View attachment 68315View attachment 68316View attachment 68317
Wasn't señor Espinosa on the board at one time distributing cigars? You should tag him in this.

The first one is up.
Espinosa-01 Crema robusto

Espinosa-02 Especial toro is live.

Protocol-01 Probable Cause (Red) corona extra

Protocol-02 Blue corona extra is up!

Protocol-03 Green Cyber Crimes Unit churchill is up.

Espinosa-03 Habano robusto

Protocol-04 Gold (Themis) robusto

Espinosa-04 Wasabi robusto box press is live!

Espnosa-05 Laranja Reserva toro is live!

Espinosa-06 Laranja Reserva Azulejo robusto extra

Espinosa-07 Laranja Reserva Escuro robusto extra box press is up.

Protocol-05 Silver Official Misconduct toro is live!

Protocol-06 Tenure Collaboration with Cigar Dojo toro is up!

So at this point, I have reviewed all of the cigars that I'm familiar with. Sure, I have had the one of Knuckle Sandwich but I cannot tell you anything about that cigar nor anything about the other 2 variations which I have not had. So I'm calling it all new territory from here on out. I have been excited about reaching this point for that reason.
Enjoy what comes next.

Espinosa-08 Knuckle Sandwich Connecticut toro