• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Esteban Cigars 187, a review.

coopsdeloops

Recently there was an Esteban Carreras event at a local B&M so I was lured in.They had a good sale, and a decent selection of sticks between $4-$14. I bought 5 and they threw me 2 for free.

The 10 anos is their flagship stick, which they say they age them 5 years before wrapping, then another 5 years after the stick has been wrapped (10 anos = 10 years in Spanish). I bought one but haven't burned it yet.

So far I've smoked 3 of them and two of them I didn't like. But the one I smoked this morning, the 187, was full flavored, rich in coffee and dark chocolate, and had a lot of good complexity. The evolution made sense, and ended buttery and nutty. The wrapper wasn't exactly the prettiest, and it started cracking as I ended it, but that's not uncommon in this dry Arizona heat that dries everything out.

These cigars at $5.50/toro are a steal. Definitely worth getting a 5ver and giving them a try. The brand is relatively new, so I think their prices are pretty low.

Sorry I didn't take pictures. Didn't expect it to be as good as it was, or write a review.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/Esteban-Carreras_Cigars_list

Thanks for the heads-up/review.

They're 10 year whatever it's called is pretty damn good. I had a lot of tar buildup with the 187's I've smoked.

Interesting...I've been wondering about these. May just have to try a few of them. The 10 Anos sounds very interesting...

They make some pretty good cigars. I believe most of their lines were blended by AJ Fernandez. The 187 blend is very good. I also like their 211 blend, it has an Ecuadorian Sun Grown wrapper.

Eric