• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Factory Cigar Box Humidification?

northstarhero

So I looked over the forum and I can't manage to find the info I'm seeking... so I thought I'd just come out and ask.

I just recently ordered a box of Rocky Patel's and I'm wondering if theres any way of humidifying the box itself instead of transferring all 20 of them into my humi. I don't have a problem with doing this but I thought it'd be nicer to leave them in their factory box since it looks ever so nice. I've found a stick humidifier by xikar for a 25ct humidifier. It also says it can be used in a factory cigar box but before jumping the gun I decided I should consult the forum first. Thanks for any input guys, I appreciate it! :-D

I'd suggest a Boveda Humidity Packet. Can get them in several different humidity amounts, though they don't last as long as the gel tubes.

I would really look at whether the box gets any kind of air tight seal. If it does not then you will be fighting a constant battle to keep good humidity levels.

I just recently ordered a box of Rocky Patel's and I'm wondering if theres any way of humidifying the box itself instead of transferring all 20 of them into my humi.
gallery_3856_75_106930.jpg

A cooler would certainly be the easiest thing, but if you want to use the factory box itself, plan on refreshing the humidifier often. And stick it in part of your house that has a consistent environment.

If you want to keep it in the factory box, I think your only option initially will be Boveda humity packets...at least until you smoke some of those cigars to make space for some beads. Look for higher Rh beads or packs as the seal on factory boxes are not ideal. Cooledor is a great inexpensive option. I would look into it.