• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Famaous-Smoke - Nicaraguan 3000

mr.mac

So after hearing all of the hype on this cigar (much of which was on other websites, etc.) I just had to try these. I ordered a bundle of the toros last week for $45.99 shipped. They arrived yesterday after a short delay in PA due to UPS "overflow". Famous was really good about checking up on the package and even let me know that it had made it through the overflow and was on its way to TX before the UPS tracking indicated it being so. Wow! What a great cigar! Beautiful box press and a wonderful looking wrapper. I'm smoking my first one now and I must say that this cigar has a ton of character, sweet tobacco and rich cocoa flavor are noted with a little bit of spice dancing on the palate. And what a great deal!

I tried searching CP for some reveiws, feedback, etc., but I'm finding the new search function a little bit difficult to use, ie, I can't find sh!t on these cigars. I'm interested to know what you all here think about them...???

A definate thumbs up in my book. :thumbs:

Linkey to Nic 3000

mac

I have only tried one of these, a robusto I think and it was very good.

Very good smokes... Give 'em some time, and they get even better!!! :thumbs:

Original release were excellent cigars - especially considering the price. Fuente's stupid law suit against Oliva produced a great thing for us all; however, the subsequent releases have been alright, but not up to the first ones. People have said it a number of times before, but I think it is because the originals had a lot of age on them since they were sitting around & aging the whole time while the lawsuit was going on.

Still a good bundle cigar though - but I go for the RP sungrown & edge seconds from Famous instead of these and at the same price.

I have a couple of bundles from October of 2006. The torpedoes have been good since they were fresh but for some reason I really don't care of the toro's.

I smoked another one last night. Found it to be a bit one dimensional. And even though that one dimension was flavorful in its own way, I found it really getting kind of boring after an hour and a half... plus I was freezing my arse off outside! I'll let these rest a while and then revisit them later... and I'm definately looking forward to trying the torpedos some day.

I guess another lesson learned... never judge a smoke from your first experience with it... or your second and third for that matter.

mac

A friend of mine had a bundle of the Famous Nic's in his coolerdor for about a year and then sold em to me for 20$ for the bundle, I put about another 6 months on them. For a cheap cigar, with some age, it has great potential. Something I would reccomend for someone interested in getting into cigar smoking. Give it some time, and revisit them in 10-12 months, you'll be very suprised.

mr.mac was generous enough to include one of these in a prize package he sent to me recently. I fired it up last night during a poker game with Kilted and BlueDragon. Not bad for a bundle cigar. I especially enjoyed the initial 20 - 30 minutes. After that, it seemed to drop off in flavor (or my palate just got used to it). Regardless, not a bad cigar for the price.

Thanks, Mac, for sending one my way. I've been wanting to try one for awhile. :thumbs: