• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fat Percentage in Burgers

SPIVY

THE STIG
I am a diehard burger fan. I love to cook and more importantly grill. After jeffs post on his kicking burger I wonder what everyone uses for fat content in their burgers. We have an amazing butcher in the next town over from me and I always get 70/30 ground beef.

What about you guys. And I always use Worcestershire sauce.

E

I never have grease balls. But the fat is what makes a burger. Plus I like my burgers a little passed medium unlike my medium rare steaks.

I guess 80/20 is okay as well, but no more fat than that.

I always use 70/30 unless I plan on mixing some cheese or egg into the burger - then I'll use 80/20 since they add a little extra fat. A little egg yolk/Worcestershire mixture is a staple for my summer mid-day cook-outs (sometimes I add in a little BBQ sauce and I'll have to go down to 85/15 to keep it together nicely) :thumbs:

We had a brisket ground up over the July 4th weekend. That made great burgers, IMO.

85/15 ground sirloin. I like to know what part of the steer the beef came from. ;)

Doc.

Wow........I'm guessing my GFs side of the family is very health conscious, 93/7 or 95/5 if it is available Black Angus (her family raises them).

Half ground chuck, half ground sirloin. Whatever that equates to I don't know.

I usually do 85/15. If the burger feels a little crumbly I'll throw in an egg and maybe some oats.

I've been trying various percentages (90, 87, 85, 83 70) and the 85 really seems to be the perfect content to keep the meat from being excessively crumbly and dry.

I use ground Turkey 85/15.I also add my own seasoning blend to the mix.

I use ground Turkey 85/15.I also add my own seasoning blend to the mix.

eeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

How much seasoning does it take to kill that taste ;)
:laugh: It's really not bad at all.My Doctor told me I need to limit red meat to once a week.I eat so much chicken,turkey & fish that any day now I think I am going to sprout feathers & gills & start shooting eggs out my butt! :laugh:

I like 80/20 on the cooktop or 75/25 on the grill, adds the right smoke/flame when cooked over coals with the higher fat.