• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Cigar Mag/Book

That's one big ole book. It will probably help against fake copies of cubans too.

This is also a good book that I have found informative...about $22.00 shipped.

2650.jpg

“Cultivating a tradition of perfection”

Habanos s.a has just published “Cultivating a tradition of perfection”, made with the help of many people who, both in Cuba and abroad, esteem and cherish the world of Habanos.

This book describes in detail all that goes into the making of a Habano, from the planting of the tobacco to the moment when smokers enjoy the tastes and nuances of the 33 brands of belonging to the Habanos Apellation of Origin – Denominación de Origen Protegida.- now on the market. Some of the best known are Cohiba, Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, Paratagás and Hoyo de Monterrey.

This book is the result of a great effort, gathering details about this skilled activity, which has been a tradition in Cuba for over 500 years.The book includes not only the agricultural aspects and cigar making in the historic cuban cigar factories, but also the art of conserving and enjoying these Habanos.

Thanks to all of the people and institutions that participated in its creation, “Cultivating a Tradition of Perfection “ is a complete, reliable compendium of all the components which constitute the exclusive world of Habanos.

This book is already available in English and Spanish. It also contains a ring gauge, and a complete format guide, including all the existing vitolas in Habanos’ brands.

In a few months it will also be available in French, German, russian and Italian.

--- Description from Habanos S.A.

coventrycat86 said:
ucmba's first price was $80.00 shipped then when he did another buy it was $115.00 shipped.
I paid THAT much for it!?!? Holy s--t, I must have been feeling prosperous back then!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Hey, 3M, long time no see!!! Nice to see you posting again (or maybe I don't look in the right threads).

Is this available only from Habanos S.A.? Or is there another source? Don't leave us hanging here bro'!! :0

Never mind.....

One should never post before googling. Found a number of sources (all in the UK, of course) that have this one available.

Still nice to see you around, Miles. :D

ricmac25 said:
Another vote for Min Ron Nee.
Agreed. Min Ron Nee is excellent. We need something like that for premium domestic cigars too.

The MRN book is the bible for all isom smokers imo. :)
MRN ROCKS!!!!!well worth the coin

moki said:
Agreed. Min Ron Nee is excellent. We need something like that for premium domestic cigars too.
Dude, you should totally start working on that. I'm being totally serious. Your fuente page is a decent start already.

other1 said:
moki said:
Agreed.  Min Ron Nee is excellent.  We need something like that for premium domestic cigars too.
Dude, you should totally start working on that. I'm being totally serious. Your fuente page is a decent start already.
I can see it now:

"The Moki Ron Nee Encyclopaedia of Domestic Cigars Worth Smoking"

ricmac25 said:
other1 said:
moki said:
Agreed.  Min Ron Nee is excellent.  We need something like that for premium domestic cigars too.
I can see it now:

"The Moki Ron Nee Encyclopaedia of Domestic Cigars Worth Smoking"
You mean this book?

Moki_Book.jpg

Add in another vote for MRN's book. The only one better will be MRN's book 10th year edition (if they do it :sign: )

Sam

Smoke Magazine online is a very good source of information and articles.
Smokemag
Lots of interesting articles and a lot more, check it out :)

Offered by the same loser seller who was offering the "Cultivating a tradition of perfection" where I was the high bidder and he refuses to respond to emails when I ask him how much the shipping charges are.

I've been notified by eBay TWICE that I have "refused to pay" the piece of trash seller refuses to respond to emails asking how much shipping is. How in hell can I pay him if I don't know how much shipping is?

I asked him how much for shipping on the MRN book and he's ignoring me on that one as well.

This seller is a piece of $hit.