• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

favorite golf cigar

classyndry

on injured reserve
The small red dot cohibas (not cigarillos, but smaller cigars) that come in the tin. Seems like the ideal golf cigar to me. If you want to smoke for a few holes, light one up. If that isn't long enough, light up another. What do you smoke on the course?

98 Lusi
98 Trini
05 Churchill
and Winnies.

If I'm spliting the round up I go for a Torp:
PSP2
Monte 2
Upmann

and then a robusto:
PSD4
Choix
RASS

Then there's always the Party Short or Boli PC or San Cristobal while warming up! ;)

Funny - rarely do I have the urge to smoke and Opus or Anejo on the course....unless it's a few years old and mellow!

I like a Boli PC. I played yesterday on the Navy base here in JAX FL. It was about the most irritatingly slow round of golf I have ever played, but the Boli PC burning while I was waiting made it all seem ok.

I shot an 82 (mehhh, Fing putter!) and scrounged about 20 balls from the woods while I waited for EVERY tee box and green, but the smoke made it the perfect day out of the house.

AF Double Chateau Fuente (SG), and either a LGC Series R #5 (maddie) or a LGC Churchill (maddie). Each one lasts 9-holes. Sometimes I'll bring an Anejo along, but I'd rather smoke those when they are the focus, not the little white ball I'm trying to maneuver around the course.

PSP2
Monte 2
Upmann

As everyone can see, I'm pretty new to the forums, but maybe one day I'll be able to enjoy a nice montecristo #2 each time I golf. So far I've only had the monte 2 twice, but its definitely one of my top 5 favorites. I don't usually bring out my favorites on the course, but maybe next time I'll take a paul garmirian out.

Nothing to high end, I like to relax while smoking and there's nothing relaxing about my golf game. Usually Rocky Patel 1990 vintage Toro or AF King B, then an nice ISOM from my stash after the round

PSP2
Monte 2
Upmann

As everyone can see, I'm pretty new to the forums, but maybe one day I'll be able to enjoy a nice montecristo #2 each time I golf. So far I've only had the monte 2 twice, but its definitely one of my top 5 favorites. I don't usually bring out my favorites on the course, but maybe next time I'll take a paul garmirian out.

???

....F'it...send me your addy.

Nothing to high end, I like to relax while smoking and there's nothing relaxing about my golf game. Usually Rocky Patel 1990 vintage Toro or AF King B, then an nice ISOM from my stash after the round

I know what you mean, why let a good cigar get ruined by a bad game of golf. I like to save the best ones to celebrate surviving the round.

I usually go for cheapo sticks. The house brand (OVTC Executive) is usually what I light up before the first tee. They are about 2 bucks a stick so I don't mind throwing it down in frustration when I slice every ball off the tee ???

I like to smoke LFD chisel or a Hemmi maduro. To be honest any cigar any course makes me happy.

For Weekday Golf:
Tatuaje Tainos
Tat Havana Almirantes
VSG Spellbounds
Padron '64 Diplomaticos
8&11 Churchills

And for the weekend:
All of the above, plus
VR Don Alejandros
RJ Church's

All these last almost 9 holes... I average 2 per round... Don't tell the wife :whistling:

Regards,

BT

I usually go for cheapo sticks. The house brand (OVTC Executive) is usually what I light up before the first tee. They are about 2 bucks a stick so I don't mind throwing it down in frustration when I slice every ball off the tee ???

When I first started getting into cigars I split a box of the OVTC execs with a buddy of mine. Still have two sticks left.

In the past it has been the cameroon Hemingway or 858 maduro if I am in the mood for a richer smoke.

For me - I go with a large stick, and something that is mild. Oh, and not expensive.

I tend to leave my cigars on random greens (i'm an asshole...BUT NOT ON PURPOSE!) I guess after putting 4 times, my head isnt thinking about a cigar....i'm thinking more along the lines of "calm down...it's not your putters fault...dont do anything stupid..."

Anyways - RP CTs fit for me. I've smoked a TON of different cigars on the course though...nothing very expensive thats for sure.

You guys that are smoking ISOMs on the course either must really suck at golf or you must have wayyy too many ISOMs! Every time I light up an ISOM I have to give it my undivided attention. (how newbish, i know :))

Padron 3000's are the perfect cigar for me. I'll play a couple holes, light up, and finish it just before making the turn. Then I go through the whole process all over again. And again. And again.

I bring something on the less expensive side (BPC, MC4, etc..) so I don't feel bad if it rolls off the cart and gets run over, I don't have time to concentrate on the flavors or I forget it on the green. I usually save the good sticks for after the round. :)

I am going to have to agree with the brothers who smoke something on the less expensive size on the course. Reason being is I often have to rest i on a tee and it falls off or my partner moves the cart with it sitting on it so I don't want ruin a $10 stick. I feel like that is a major party foul.
I usually bring whatever I have in the humi that is in abundance and cheap, last year it was the CI legends line and RP Edge X-outs.

That is an easy one, for me it is always a PSD4. It is one of my top 3 cigars in general and it is a perfect size for the golf course as well. I use a Cigar Caddy Clip that clips on to the golf cart as I have lost way too many cigars driving away from a hole with the cigar on the seat or back of the cart.

cigarcaddy1.jpg

Dave

Dave, I know the feeling when you lose a cigar because it's sitting on the side bumper of the cart. I've lost many a good smoke because my head was in the game.

Edge Missle Maduro
Perdomo SG PC
PI Reserva Maximus PC

I stick to mostly PCs, but sometimes Rubostos...try not to smoke anything larger.

That is an easy one, for me it is always a PSD4. It is one of my top 3 cigars in general and it is a perfect size for the golf course as well. I use a Cigar Caddy Clip that clips on to the golf cart as I have lost way too many cigars driving away from a hole with the cigar on the seat or back of the cart.

cigarcaddy1.jpg

Dave