• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Lightin Method

Peekay

Was wondering what everyone prefered? I've been using matches, but lately it has been so damn windy I am thinking a bout switching to a torch lighter.

I was recently given a torch, and I won't deny that they work...but I still enjoy using wooden matches the most.

i use a torch- hold the cigar foot about an inch away, above the heat, on a 45 degree angle, rotating the cigar and char the end. then get the heat closer until it is lit.

The Z-Plus is a cool invention. It is made for Zippo's. If you have an old zippo, you can remove the insert (wick and flint) and replace the whole thing with the butane torch. It just slips right in. I think its around $20.

Ed

i use a torch, but my local shop always gives me thin sheets of cedar to light my sticks with which is my prefered method

An old S.T. Dupont I was given as a gift. It's not very efficient (weak flame, probably no better than your matches), but it was a nice gift.

Colibri torch :D

I have a cheap lighter with three different flames (regular, torch, windproof) that works great when it is particularly windy out.

I have like a case of Cuestra Rey (sp) matches that I use...not a big fan of torches..but I like to show off

coventrycat86 said:
Zippo.

I don't like butane lighters.
[snapback]182514[/snapback]​

Everytime I see someone light a cigar with a Zippo all I can think of is Hellboy

"Dont' do that..You will Ruin the taste of that!!!"

Colibri all the way! I have seven of them, and they have never failed me!

JK

Drake said:
i use a torch, but my local shop always gives me thin sheets of cedar to light my sticks with which is my prefered method
[snapback]182447[/snapback]​

Thin sheets of cedar ?? Are they matches or do ya light the cedar sheet fom a lighter then light the cigar ?

I use a torch when I'm outside. I usually use a Zippo indoors, I prefer to use the Zippo. And no, the fluid does not change the flavor of the cigar. :laugh:

coventrycat86 said:
Zippo.

I don't like butane lighters.
[snapback]182514[/snapback]​

I will never give up my camo tennessee zippo! ;)

i like using wood spills, but then again, eric says i'm a pyro. :rolleyes:

Colibri torch. With the built-in punch, it's 2 tools in one.