• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Mild Cigar

Razorzone

I tend to enjoy Saturday morning mild cigars with a newspaper by the pool during the warmer months. My favorite would be a R&J. I also have enjoyed Macanudo, Occidental, and Davidoff's. I am sure there have been a few others along the way who's names escape me. Anyone have any suggestions of one I should try other than the ones I have mentioned. I have been thinking of trying the Vegas Gold when I run across one. What's your favorite mild cigar?

Would you consider a Dominican Montecristo mild? That's one of the few mild cigars I've had semi-recently thats kept my interest.

The best mild cigar I have ever had, and I still keep some on hand at all times, is the Cusano 18 Double Connecticut. Smooth, creamy, well constructed, and never a burn issue.

The 5 Vegas Gold's are good, but I have had a lot of construction issues with them.

[quote name='5 O'Clock Somewhere' post='647894' date='Apr 8 2008, 08:15 PM']Would you consider a Dominican Montecristo mild? That's one of the few mild cigars I've had semi-recently thats kept my interest.[/quote]

You know come to think of it, I did have a Montecristo with a BOTL several years ago, but I don't remember which one. I thought it was in the mild to medium range. Don't know it that was what I had or not 5 o'clock.

I also like the Ashton Cabnets for mild ones. Flor de Oliva Gold isn't too bad if you want low budget cigars.

I think Pepins house blend "El Rey de Los Habanos" Corona is a very nice mild (for me) smoke.

Vegas Cubanas Corona isnt too shabby either, but I would guess it is a little stronger.

Padron 1964M is a nice mild smoke.

I usually do not smoke in the mornings but on those rare days off I will head out to the shop with a cup of coffee and either a Bili PC or a Monte #4.

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic, maybe? I consider that a mild cigar, and I like it. :)

Would you guys consider the AVO XO mild? I kind of compared it to a Davidoff Anniversario and really liked the XO. Maybe try that one out.

The Avo L.E. "07 comes to mind. Thats a great stick. And for the money minded the Punch Rare Corojo robusto. A Paul Garmiriam (sp.?) as well.

John

Wow...if some of these are your "mild" cigars, I don't think I could handle your full bodied cigars! :)

I like a 5 Vegas Gold for a mild smoke. I haven't had any of the construction issues that I've heard about. Nice and mellow, but still has a good bit of flavor.

AKmik, In my opinion the Padron 1964 Maduros , Monte 4 and Boli PC's are definitely not mild. When you smoke do you exhale the smoke through your nose? If not try it and you will see that none of the cigars you mentioned are in any way mild.

For mild cigars here is my list of the cigars I keep in stock.

Non Cuban:

Diamond Crown 6

Ashton Cabinet 7

Ashton Aged Maduro 20

Cuban:

Hoyo De Monterrey Double Coronas 1998

Juan Lopez 1's 1998

Juan Lopez Corona 1998

Quai D'Orsay Corona 2003

RyJ # 2 A/T 2005

When in the mood for a mild cigar I usually gravitate towards on of the following:

Rocky Vintage 99
Don Lino
Leon Jimenes
J. Fuego Natural