• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite salomon size cigar

boltonic

Banned
Reaction score
I am looking for a good salomon size cigar, medium to full strength, and preferably maduro but I any dark wrapper is fine too. What is your favorite salomon size cigar?

I like all of Pepin's Salomon's that I've smoked. JJ, Miami (good luck finding any) and RC-184. They all seem to benefit from some down time.
I tried the new LFD, and it was a bear to keep lit. I have one left that will rest a few more months in hopes that it will dry down, if that was the problem. They are a big commitment with time, so I only smoke them in the summer, under the pecan tree.

Don Pepin Serie JJ, Padilla Miami, Johnny-O, and La Flor Dominicana come to mind. Also, the Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 is very good.

Just picked up the LFD Salomon from my B&M. Haven't tried it yet, but I supposed to be getting a 95 in the next aficionado. It looks like a monster. Waiting for the warm weather to indulge.

Anyone ever heard of/smoked the Reposado '96 Habano Salomon? 10 for $20 on cbid. I'm intrigued, but I can't find any reviews that aren't on Cigars Int. website.

Reposado ‘96 is your answer to SCHIP. A big, beautiful Salomon shape worth much more than the asking price, but built for the working man. This cigar has been a fan favorite among our local retail store customers for nearly a year, and now we’re letting you in on the fun. Crafted by hand in Nicaragua, Reposado ‘96 Habano boasts a lovely Habano wrapper chock full of aged, Cuban-seed long-fillers. The smoke is medium in body and creamy to the core, coating the palate with a rich array of coffee and tobacco flavors throughout the burn, leaving behind the slightest touch of natural sweetness on the finish. Better still, the massive 7.1”x58 Salomon shape gives you over 90 minutes of rich Nicaraguan tobacco goodness!

Partagas Presidente from you know where. Tat RC233 and 184. The 233 takes a while to smoke. It's pretty big.
As for the Reposado on CI, I think I would be a little leary of that cheap price on such a difficult to roll cigar. I would almost bet they are made by one of the discount manufacturers that we all know and sometimes love.....cough....cough...CFO....cough.....cough :whistling: I wouldn't bet on them being very good but who can bitch at that price?

While not an inexpensive cigar the Davidoff Diadema Finas is hard to beat. My other favorite is the Padron 80th, need I say any more.

But for value gotta go with Johnny O, there is something about smoking one of his fresh cigars that is hard to beat.

I just can't get with big smokes like salomons. I usually don't have the time, and if I do, I get cigar ADD pretty quickly.

That said, the guys at the local B&M really like the RC 184.