• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Seasonal Winter Brew

rdj735

I know an old thread covered this topic, but the last post was in 2004. A lot of new faces have joined CP since then, and I bet several new brews have hit the market, too. So, what is your favorite seasonal beverage during the holiday season?

Bobby

Boulevard Nutcracker (local and fresh)
Anchor Our Special Ale
Sierra Nevada Celebration
Great Divide Hibernation (Big malt bomb)

It may be cheesey but I love this stuff...
20808.jpg

I like RR Pliny the Younger, Troegs Nugget Nectar, OB Ten Fidy, Founders Imperial Stout, SN Celebration and Bigfoot, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.

I guess I covered enough of them to make a point.

Fine with me - keep 'em coming! I seem to have trouble finding good brews in my area. Hoping that, with enough labels mentioned, at least I could find one or two before Christmas is over!

By the way, if anyone is familiar with the Nashville area, feel free to PM me with a suggestion on where I should be hunting!

Fine with me - keep 'em coming! I seem to have trouble finding good brews in my area. Hoping that, with enough labels mentioned, at least I could find one or two before Christmas is over!

By the way, if anyone is familiar with the Nashville area, feel free to PM me with a suggestion on where I should be hunting!

http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers?season=1

Granted you won't be able to find most of these in your area, but if you see any there's a good chance you'll love it.

I like RR Pliny the Younger, Troegs Nugget Nectar, OB Ten Fidy, Founders Imperial Stout, SN Celebration and Bigfoot, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.

Martin, what was that Winter wheat beer that you sent me? Man, that was good.

My local beermongers/B&M are having a holiday beer tasting this Saturday and I hope to make it. Haven't had many winter seasonals yet as I'm still a newb in the craft beer world. Hope to try some of the brews mentioned here.

That was Ramstein winter wheat. Apparently a NJ brewery can make better German beers than Germany can. I had no idea all of their beers were so highly regarded.

I'm a newbie to all of this, but so far.............

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
River Horse Oatmeal Milk Stout (according to the guy at the shop it was a seasonal release)

Shiner always makes a nice seasonal winter brew . . . true Julbiers they usually just call 'Winter Ale.' This year's release is called 'Holiday Cheer' and I haven't tried it yet, but have heard it's quite good.

Nothing's ever going to match up to Sam Adams Chocolate Bock for me, though. The single bottle I scored last year was . . . revelatory.

~Boar

For me its gotta be Samuel Smith Winter Welcome. Ive been getting it every year for the past 7 or so years now. I know its not a micro brew but its still a damn tasty import!

d

That was Ramstein winter wheat. Apparently a NJ brewery can make better German beers than Germany can. I had no idea all of their beers were so highly regarded.

New Jersey makes some damn good beers! I can't wait for this year's Flying Fish Espresso Porter release.

I'm a newbie to all of this, but so far.............

River Horse Oatmeal Milk Stout (according to the guy at the shop it was a seasonal release)

Yep..... 'nother Jersey brew!

I too love the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. My favorite BB beer and most anticipated release of the season by far! I work about 7 min. from the brewery.... sucks they don't sell growlers of any of their beers!

Rahr Winter Warmer (the bourbon barrel version is amazing as well but draft only)
Anchor Our Special Ale
Sam Adams Winter Lager

I just got a Barrel Aged Hibernation from Great Divide...can't wait to try that one. May have to pick up the regular version too just to compare.

Shiner always makes a nice seasonal winter brew . . . true Julbiers they usually just call 'Winter Ale.' This year's release is called 'Holiday Cheer' and I haven't tried it yet, but have heard it's quite good.

Nothing's ever going to match up to Sam Adams Chocolate Bock for me, though. The single bottle I scored last year was . . . revelatory.

~Boar

It was called Shiner Cheer last year as well. Tastes like Peaches and sugar...very sweet and malty. I was not impressed and am having to choke them down.

Bristol Brewing Co. Winterwarlock XXXI love this stuff.

"A rich, rare treat. An epic labor of love that will change your notion of what beer can be. Aged for three years, its warm toffee notes and round mellow tone are purely stunning. Like candy for the soul."

Did I mention the Alcohol: 18.4% ABV :love:

Sam Adams Winter Lager

thumbs-up.gif

Sam Adam's Cranberry Lambic is my fave, but the wife loves Sam's Old Fezziwig from the same holiday pack.