• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Stouts

SeanGAR said:
I have to break ranks, but I prefer Young's Oatmeal stout over Sam Smith's (did a tasting in class ... more people preferred the Smith's though). As previously noted, Alesmith and Stone make fantastic Imperial Russian stouts as does Sam Smith.
[snapback]245353[/snapback]​

I agree with you on that, I like the Young's better. Stone I haven't been able to get my hands on yet.

Favorite Stout. Cold in summer, warm in winter
Guiness
Favorite Guiness draught
Erins Pub St. Johns' Newfoundland

I am a huge fan of Young's Double Chocolate Stout.
It is a great stout to have with a cigar… :thumbs:

Another good stout is Lion Stout from the Ceylon Brewery in Sri Lanka.

A nice resource for information on beer and stout is the Oxford Bottled Beer Database:
http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/

That's a great link.

For a very good stout that is available universally (other then Guinness) Sam Adams' Cream Stout is ecxcellent.

BigMacFU said:
Since everyone else has been cheating, putting porters, Guinness, etc... I'm going to have to go with Kilkenny, it's actually an amber, but if you're not holding it up to the light, it's just as dark and creamy as a guinness or murphy's millenium brew.
[snapback]206186[/snapback]​

:thumbs: My wifes favorite beer (*edit* and shes German lol)... I have a 6er in the fridge right now!

I love black and reds... even more than black and tans.

has anyone tried O'Hara's Irish Stout? At $10 a six-pack, it's a pretty expensive flyer.

I can name a few stouts that is good. But honestly, I home brew better stouts than whats found on the market at the commercial/microbrewery level. But my favorite commercial swill stout is Guinness.

Murphy's and Beamish for me. Murphy's is my #1 choice.

Local brewpub Stout in a growler- got 3 in the fridge right now...

well, now 2!

I must say that I do not like Guiness, its a little too bland. If I want some good taste, I will make another vote for Old Rasputin Stout.
I am surprised that Beamish was only mentioned once. If I want a "drinkable" not a "sippable" stout, then its Beamish hands down.

I have tried almost everything mentioned above, and I always come back to Old Rassy.

My own Oatmeal Stout
My own Cram Stout
Guiness
Sam Adams
Murphy's

to be completely honest i haven't heard of any of the beers you've mentioned...

but i do now have a list of new beers to try though thanks!

i myself usually stick to yeungling black & tan or sam adams cream stout...
am i in the right post?

I realize this is an old thread that has been revived, but I gotta go with Rogue's Shakespeare Stout.

I've only ever brewed one stout. It was a milk stout......the base beer was excellent, but I screwed it up by adding coffee to it. Too much, for too long. The stuff woulda been awesome with breakfast, though.

Glad this thread got revived. The best beer I have ever had is the Stone Imperial Russian Stout. Comes in a bomber and you will not want to share. For any of you who happen to be members of beer advocate, you know this is an amazing beer. Its close to 11% ABV but it goes down so easy be careful. I cannot say enough good things about this beer but dont take my word for it.. Here are a few reviews from BA.com. REVIEWS

I rate this beer 4.85 of 5. Appearence, Aroma, Taste and mouth all exceptional. Let me know if you cant get it in your market and I will take care of you.

Glad this thread got revived. The best beer I have ever had is the Stone Imperial Russian Stout. Comes in a bomber and you will not want to share. For any of you who happen to be members of beer advocate, you know this is an amazing beer. Its close to 11% ABV but it goes down so easy be careful. I cannot say enough good things about this beer but dont take my word for it.. Here are a few reviews from BA.com. REVIEWS

I rate this beer 4.85 of 5. Appearence, Aroma, Taste and mouth all exceptional. Let me know if you cant get it in your market and I will take care of you.

Welcome to CP fellow BA! I have found plenty of outstanding beers over there.

I've gotta say the irish stout we're not supposed to mention is my favorite. I also like the chocolates and oatmeals that have already been mentioned.

I don't usually stump for AB beers but the bud guys make a stout called Bare Knuckle and it's not bad if you mix it with their chocolate spyke which flavors and bumps up the alcohol content. Not endorsing it, of course, just trying to mention something different.

Guess I'm in the minority thinking that SS sucks. Their beers have no flavor IMO. Might as well drink Guinees.

My personal fav is a local, Blackfoot Stout, they also make a really nice Scottish.

err... bump