• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite yardgars

Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote - and at $40/box you can't beat it. These are starting to edge out LGC Wavell maddys for me. $25 per box cheaper and great flavor. Not too much of a choice anymore.

M. Gipson

A new candidate for me would be Puros Indios Magnum Maduro. Huge ring, burns well left unattended. Def a must for yard work. Hate re-lighting. 2.25 a pop

I would have to say right now it would have to be Carlos Torano Exodus Silver . Picked up a couple boxes for about $2.40 a stick not very strong but tons of flavor.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Nothing but Opus for me.........
[snapback]156903[/snapback]​

And here I thought you were only smoking Backwoods now. :whistling:

:0 No contest! The only Padron I would consider over any Quintero is the '26 at about 10x the price.
[snapback]156765[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Crap, I was trying to see if I could pick up a box at JRCigars... :laugh:

Any opinion on the Quientero Y Hermano Nacionales?

I think I found a new favorite yard/garage gar:

It's the Carlos Torano, Nicaragua Selection Torpedo, 6 1/4" by 52 ring at $2.77 a stick. Medium to strong smoke with a hint of vanilla or cocoa couldn't quite tell. I'll have to smoke a few more to really get a grasp of it's true taste.

Anyone else tried the Nicaragua Selcetion line?

Since I don't smoke in the house.........every cigar is a yard gar. How comfortable I am while smoking it determains how good a cigar I select.

surferonthecrystalcoast said:
I also have to vote for the Trilogy Exotic Maduro and Native Cameroon. For the price you just can't beat them. :thumbs:
[snapback]157744[/snapback]​

It's been a long time since I've last had the exotic maduro. I won a five pack from CBid a long time ago and smoked or gave out all but one of them. I remember it being a very hearty maduro with lots of great flavor, though not a prodigious producer of smoke. You're absolutely right though, the price of them just can't be beat. I bought native cameroon from CI last month, hopefully I'll get to try it out sometime this weekend at a local establishment. The weather is supposed to get up to 50 by the weekend. I might just be able to smoke outside!. Woo-hoo!. :thumbs:

SFG75 said:
Here's my list

1.)Iguana Maduro robusto
*Lots of smoke
*No burn or wrapper issues
*Excellent taste
*Is often overlooked because of the candela version which is absolutely disgusting.

What's yours?
[snapback]154995[/snapback]​

Great Topic!

Are the Maduro versions also made by Philipe Gregario for Thompson's?? These might be worth trying. I applaud your courage of trying a Thompson's House brand, and your balls for admitting here that you like a Thompson's house brand. :D

Like AVB the vast majority of my cigars are yardgars. I try to hold onto the superpremiums for when friends visit or herfin. (I sometimes can't fight back the urge though, last week I dipped into that box twice and had an Odyssey and a 100 Anos).

1) Sancho Panza Double Maduro Don Quixote - I want to second the earlier recommendation for these. A great smoke at a great price. JRCigars.com $40 + $2 shipping is the best price I have found.

2) Flor de Oliva - the Shapes Series that is no longer made had a really nice spark plug shaped (similar to AF BS in size but with pointed head like AF WOA) cigar called a Perfecto Petit. I am still sitting on ~30 of those at last count. Once they are gone I will start buying their original series small torpedo which sells for $25/25 from Rocky's and Smokeall. The maduro/corojo versions are also nice but 50% more expensive so I stick to the Naturals/Originals and go with other brands if I want the maduro/corojo wrapper.

3) Padron Fumas (from S Florida) - The ones released nationally run $36+ a box and they are good sticks but I would spend the little extra for the Sanchos vs buying the national release of them. However if you go to S. Florida or have a BOTL buddy down there they can be bought for $18/bundle 25. I know of two others in S. Fla only are the #4 and Cazadores; each of these are similar in price but different in size.

4) La Veja Habana: The Early Years Silencio - (4 x 46) a nice peppy maduro PC. Cheapercigars.com has these for $69 for a box of 40. (under $1.75 a stick)

4) Padron 2000M - $60/25 online bestcigarprices.com under $2.50 a stick these are great.

5) CAO Criollo Pampa - (4 x 40) box of 30, $82 @ buymorecigars.com. If you are a big CAO fan this is a way to get the CAO flavor for under $2.75 a stick. Another PC which is ideal size for yard garin'

6) Cupido Knuckles - Just about impossible to find now, (although cubancrafters has the very similar Torpito size on sale for $50 this week) this PC is wonderful IMO. The real added plus to them is that they have around 1/2 the nicotine of most cigars so these are great for late night smoking without worrying about being kept awake (if nicotine does that to you)

6) Flor De Ybor City Belicoso - (5 1/2 x 49) Its a Fuente made Beli with a Sungrown wrapper @ $2.75 a stick; a no brainer. $55/bundle of 20 - tampasweetheart.com

7) La Flor Del Caney Bouquet - a nice Figurado (the same size/shape a a Paragas Serie S Esplendido 4 3/4 X 36-59-44) with a Cameroon wrapper for $30/25. Made by MATASA (Manuel Quesada of Fonseca and Licenciados) sold at Mike's. This is the cheapest cameroon wrapped stick that I like. I alternate between these and the $40 Flor de Oliva Grand Cameroon Figurado for my cameroon wrapper yardgar. I keep two boxes to have one aging and one for smoking because they NEED 6+ months to get over what I guess is "sickness". I think its the wrapper that needs more age than is being allowed.

-Matt-

I applaud your courage of trying a Thompson's House brand, and your balls for admitting here that you like a Thompson's house brand. :D

Matt-Thanks for the compliment. :laugh: I guess that I like to try a wide range of stuff and I tend to stick with those that I like. Nothing wrong with having premiums in the humidor, but nothing wrong with having other cigars that make otehrs say: "What in the hell is that!!." :p ;) Thanks so much for posting about the Padron 2000. I've been searching the whole net looking for the best prices on those things. :thumbs: Mucho gracias!!. :thumbs: :thumbs: :)

La Vieja Habana Fuma No 3. Its mixed filler but well contructed and I have never had any problems with them. Can find them online for $25 a box of 20.

Also like Flor de Oliva bundles.

I watch Cbid auctions and get both for about a buck a stick.

Man I'm cheap! :D

Islesfan said:
La Vieja Habana Fuma No 3. Its mixed filler but well contructed and I have never had any problems with them. Can find them online for $25 a box of 20.
Man I'm cheap! :D
[snapback]160403[/snapback]​

You're absolutely right, the La Vieja Habana "fumas." It's an excellent cigar. Did a split with Randyb1 on them and I think I'm down to my last one or two cigars of them. I remember that they produced a prodigious amount of smoke and had a wonderful after taste to them. For the price that they are, they're a true steal. In thinking about my next purchases, I can't help but want to buy two or three boxes of them off of CI. They're gooooood. :)

Just had a Quorum (made by Fuente I believe) and for $1.29 per stick for a single, it was way better than I expected it to be.

Really only yard gar I have is Opus. But I have been trying to cut back from 1 to 2 Opus X a day and switching them to JdN Antano's and also LFD.

txmatt, I recently bought a box of the La Flor Del Caney Bouquets because, 1) the price 2) I found an old review that had them rated way up "there". I have smoked a couple and they show promise. I am hoping they lose their "sourness" with age.