• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favre to Retire

I wonder if the Jets would release him to let GB pick him back up so he can retire with the team that he was such a big part of for so long. I am not sure whether or not Favre would even want to do that but I can't imagine him not wanting to.

When hell freezes over.

Understandably so, but as a fan would you not like to see him retire in a Packers' jersey, would you not like to see him in a Packer's jersey when they retire his number? I can't recall the various times that I've heard of other players doing this, but I do know it has happened before (looking it up as we speak.) Where a player who played most of his career in one specific place gets traded back to that place so he can retire with that jersey on his back. If I was Favre I would definitely want to do that and if I was a huge fan of Favre or the Packers I would want to see it happen as well. Chances are it wont happen but I wonder whether or not Favre would want it to.

Edit: Grammar

As a Packer fan he has brought me many years of joy. I truly loved just watching that guy play. He is one of the few that truly looked like he enjoys the game.

I was saddened to see him pull that crap last year and would never in a million years think I would see him in a uniform other than a Packers.

When he signed with the Jets I thought he would stink up the joint and be a disgrace.

I think he should bow out gracefully.
He has been a great addition to the game and I would hope to see him coach a QB or something like that.
Not waste his talents as a color commentator or something

I wish him luck

^ This.

I moved down here when my father's health began failing, and for all our headbutting over the years, watching Favre play for the team we both loved was something we could bury all the hatchets over and enjoy together. I'll always be grateful for that.

~Boar

While I would love to see him retired as a Packer wearing #4, I'm not sure I'd want to see it now. Both parties royally fucked up and I think the best thing for the Packers and Favre, are to stay the hell away from each other, the best they can.

Granted it only took a few months to ruin what was built over a 16 yr span, but I honestly don't think they'll even ever agree to disagree.

While I would love to see him retired as a Packer wearing #4, I'm not sure I'd want to see it now. Both parties royally fucked up and I think the best thing for the Packers and Favre, are to stay the hell away from each other, the best they can.

Granted it only took a few months to ruin what was built over a 16 yr span, but I honestly don't think they'll even ever agree to disagree.

I guess the old saying "time heals all" comes into play here. I definitely understand what you're saying and when I brought up him going back to GB I was merely playing the "what if" game. When it's all said and done I still think he'll be a first ballot HOF'er and most people (possibly not Packers' fans!) quickly forgetting about the last years of Favre's career.

I guess the old saying "time heals all" comes into play here. I definitely understand what you're saying and when I brought up him going back to GB I was merely playing the "what if" game. When it's all said and done I still think he'll be a first ballot HOF'er and most people (possibly not Packers' fans!) quickly forgetting about the last years of Favre's career.

Definitely agree! I still think he's the shit, I was merely playing devils advocate.

Guys like Favre, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice and many others all had that competitive fire that makes them great... but that same fire doesnt lend well to knowing when to say when.

At the end of the day, like many said before, first-ballot HOF with a short memory on the last year(s) of their career.