• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FedEx no longer shipping cigars or tobacco

Wow that's crazy. I understand that people take advantage and it seems mostly geared towards cigarettes. Hopefully USPS will keep going.

Remember what "Rocky" said, "ain't so bad". It's lost revenue and both UPS and USPS will be happy to pick up the slack.

The logical question is, what happens if I don't call it tobacco? Manifest it as seco filler, Sumatra top leafs etc. FedEx got screwed, not us, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.

I don't recall ever receiving any tobacco products via FedEx. My guess is they didn't ship enough to make a difference so decided to use it as a marketing ploy.

From what I read in the editorial piece, major retailers and most manufacturers used UPS but a few did use FedEx. They stopped as a result of a lawsuit from New York. The issue becomes if UPS and USPS will follow suit.

Fedex and the NY Attorney general can kiss it.

That now makes Fedex my last choice as shipper. NY was already one of the last places on earth I would like to spend my money.

FedEX is a pain. I have always avoided them, and switched shippers if possible.