• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FFOX Opus 22 2008 Group Buy Round II

Sweet, no regular productions! :laugh: :thumbs:

Since you won the El Scorpion maddie...I'm going to have to say this was rigged!!! :sign:

J/K!

Thanks for the smooth GB!

LOL. I even confused <myself> trying to paste in all the results.

Cool, I was just looking at the Love Story picture in the Prized Possession thread.
Thanks again for doing this Jeff, and thanks to Jack Schwartz!!

And of course, the one slot I copy and paste wrong from Stepthirteen's PM messes this up. Go figure. God I'm an idiot.

ah well, better to have Love Storied and lost, then to never have Love Storied at all.

wait, what?

Thanks again Jeff.

Love Story... :love:

Thanks again Jeff and Eric @ Jack Schwartz for making this happen!

ah well, better to have Love Storied and lost, then to never have Love Storied at all.

wait, what?

Thanks again Jeff.

The issue was all the frigging j's and i's right next to one another. 3 of us in a row - jlada, jy0567, and KusoJijii . I just accidentally flipped you and jy0567 up, so it rotated everyone below you a spot down. My bad - but I'll be sure to make it up to you in the box I mail you.

Edit:

7 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
7 Members: jlada, Putz Mulligan, HenrysCigar, Carps, miamipadronsmoker, JackSchwartz, bigmanfromou

Hey, you lurker! ;)

My bad - but I'll be sure to make it up to you in the box I mail you.

don't even think about it, fair is fair, I'm still getting a great cigar.

Just think, you could have told me I won the humidor and made a mistake!! :laugh:

I call shenanigans! I think jlada's El Escorpion maddie was really meant for me. :sign:
Congrats on finally getting what you sought after. :thumbs:

Thanks to Jlada and JackSchwartz, and if Jack Schwartz loses their mind and offers up another box for a group buy...put me down for ONE MORE.

Nice one bully1875! Looks like you redeemed yourself from the RdC incident in our group buy...LOL.

Even though I'm not in this one I'm still gonna say....RIGGED! Hah good on ya for hosting a 2nd one, Jeff. :thumbs:

Just checking to see if I won anything!

Jeff, yet another great Group Buy. Thank you for putting this together. Now I'm not saying Jeff wants to do another one of these Group Buys, but if he (or someone else) wants to put another one together I have two more sets available for sure (possibly a third).

A big thank you to everyone who participated.

I also want to say thank you to all the fine folks here at Cigar Pass. A Happy New Year to one and all.

Sincerely,
Eric

Jack Schwartz Importer

Trust me, I about shat myself when I plugged all the stuff in. I literally quadruple checked it. Then again, I guess everyone had a 1/22 or 1/11 shot of winning it. Someone has got to get lucky. I mean - it's nice to get the cigar I was sorta eyeballing, but the overall goal isn't to nail that one. I'm mainly just doing this for the brothers here.

Nice one bully1875! Looks like you redeemed yourself from the RdC incident in our group buy...LOL.

Even though I'm not in this one I'm still gonna say....RIGGED! Hah good on ya for hosting a 2nd one, Jeff. :thumbs:

:)

Why do you think the man got an invite to my pass :)

Thanks for the GB..

I also want to say thank you to all the fine folks here at Cigar Pass. A Happy New Year to one and all.
Sincerely,
Eric

Jack Schwartz Importer

Thanks a mill, Eric. Fellas of CP, if you ever need something - this gentlemen right here is good people.

Jeff, yet another great Group Buy. Thank you for putting this together. Now I'm not saying Jeff wants to do another one of these Group Buys, but if he (or someone else) wants to put another one together I have two more sets available for sure (possibly a third).

Meh... sure, why not? ;)

Give you a call in a week or so? Who's in? Maybe I can finally clear out the insane amount of PM's I have about this :D.

I don't mean to start anything, but Jeff did tell me to put his name on the El Escorpion Maduro before we shipped the set to him :whistling: . I'm kidding! Jeff, glad you lucked out with the pick. I know it is a lot of work putting this together.

Eric

I don't mean to start anything, but Jeff did tell me to put his name on the El Escorpion Maduro before we shipped the set to him :whistling: . I'm kidding! Jeff, glad you lucked out with the pick. I know it is a lot of work putting this together.

Eric

Eric, that's funny because he's been offering me just about everything short of oral for the one I won in the last GB.

The way he was talking I wouldn't put anything past him! :whistling:

:laugh:

Sincerely,
Eric

Jack Schwartz Importer

Thanks a mill, Eric. Fellas of CP, if you ever need something - this gentlemen right here is good people.

Meh... sure, why not? ;)

Give you a call in a week or so? Who's in? Maybe I can finally clear out the insane amount of PM's I have about this :D.

A Third!?!? Dang, well...I'd be in for two again, if it's open. :rolleyes:

Eric, maybe you should put aside ALL of your Opus 22 sets each December for CP Group Buys... We've certainly seen a lot of them this holiday season. :cool:

Honestly, I'll probably run a third... now it's a science so it's really not a huge deal to do it. Being a geek, I have an Excel sheet now that uses formulas. It's pretty nifty:
  • Paste in the random cigar list from the PM.
  • Paste in the random member order from the PM.
  • Paste in the number sequences that get posted in four different columns.
  • BAM spits out the results for me at the bottom.
I sat and was trying to format it in Word document with a 2-column page format, but it was miserable due to word wrap and whatnot. I ended up using NotePad, and it became the biggest disaster ever. So, I finally made an organized slipstreamed Excel file. It's pretty nuts and I'd be happy to offer it to anyone doing a group buy on anything. This form of lottery is COMPLETELY random as hell and there's no way anyone can "rig" it. Since there are six different lists consisting of 22 entries, you would have a 1 in 113,379,904 shot of getting "x" cigar by rigging values in the member list, cigar list, and number sequences to the correct places. This is assuming you knew every person involved making the lists AND were able to influence them. Good luck with that one. Crossing your fingers for your 1/22 or 1/11 shot is much better.

It's not a trust issue with any member whatosever, but some people aren't a fan of the raffle ticket out of a hat system. This method completely removes any remote possibility of collusion.

That being said, in the third one (when it's announced guys... relax on the PMs for now) I'll add all of those that haven't had a spot in the first two (but expressed interest), and then take first reservations on those that have expressed interest already.

Edit: I just hate to bug JackSchwartz for another set. I know he's offered, but I'm reasonably sure he'd like to sit on some for their vault.

Thanks again Jeff.
Count me in for two more, if you go for round 3. :)