• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally getting a real cigar cutter

masterp0606

Well I ordered me a new cutter,since my el cheapos don't work that great. I got me an Xikar Xi3 cutter multi color. I can't wait to get this thing and try it out on one of my cigars.

Awesome! Keep us posted on how you like it.

I'm planning on getting a Xikar too, soon. But I'm looking at the Xi2s.

I love the Xi3. If a cigar is a little tight, you can actually clip off tiny increment. I've gotten tiny little discs off the end with one.

I love my Xikars and I'm sure you will love your too. Nice purchase.

Thanks guys. I actually purchased it off of the devil site "c-bid" for 52 dollars. I should get it in next week.

I've got both a Xikar and a Palio. For the "score and lift" action, I still like my Xikar better. Both are quality instruments that will last a lifetime with minimal maintenance.

With any cutter, the bottom line is to keep the blades clean. I scored some alcohol wipes from the local drugstore that work wonders on the cutters. You'd be surprised how many folks think their cutters are "dull" when what they really need is a good cleaning...... :cool:

I have an Xi2 that I like but I like my Swiss Army cutter better, that sucker is super sharp.

Nice Buy!

Got my XI2 off the devil site... just used it for the first time today. Very nice clean and easy cuts. I will still use my punch's alot though

I've got both a Xikar and a Palio. For the "score and lift" action, I still like my Xikar better. Both are quality instruments that will last a lifetime with minimal maintenance.

With any cutter, the bottom line is to keep the blades clean. I scored some alcohol wipes from the local drugstore that work wonders on the cutters. You'd be surprised how many folks think their cutters are "dull" when what they really need is a good cleaning...... :cool:

Good point! :thumbs:

I've got a Xikar Xi2 and love it! :love: Make sure you go to Xikar's website and register your cutter and get the free leather sheath.

Well I ordered me a new cutter,since my el cheapos don't work that great. I got me an Xikar Xi3 cutter multi color. I can't wait to get this thing and try it out on one of my cigars.

You might want to try it out on more than one cigar. You'll get a better idea of how well it works that way. ;)

Nice Buy!

Got my XI2 off the devil site... just used it for the first time today. Very nice clean and easy cuts. I will still use my punch's alot though

Good point about keeping a punch cutter around......they're especially useful when you have a cigar with a fragile wrapper, like some of the new AJ Fernandez smokes. A punch helps you avoid splitting the head.

I bought my Xikar Xi1 back when the Xi3 was just being released. I found it on eBay and managed to get it for a killer deal. eBay can be great for alot of things... you just have to do some research, and set a firm maximum bid for yourself or you might find you've unwittingly entered into a bidding war and you just spent 50% more than retail on the item you want.