• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally got ripped off on Ebay

Kento

Well, I won bid for a xikar cutter for a really cheap price. I figured the guy didn't put in a reserve or a higher starting price, so I put in a low snipe price and I got it. Much to my horror, a week later the seller has 7 negative feedback messages, a deleted account, and cancelled email address. I guess you win some, you lose some. <<rant on>>Damn, I wish I wasn't so cheap and just bought one out right from a store. Oh well... ??? <<rant off>>

Yep, that happened to me ONCE and only once. About five years ago, I started buying automotive tools on eBay. I like Snap-On brand wrenches, etc. and this stuff is REAL expensive when you buy it "off the truck" so I started finding great deals on eBay.

I bought a wrench for $27.00 and when I sent him the money, he had a great feedback rating, etc. Literally two days after I sent him the check, all of a sudden, he has seven negative feedbacks, account suspended, blah, blah.....

eBay insurance is good up to $100.00 with a $25.00 deductible, LMAO for a $27.00 wrench, I coulda got a whole two bucks :0 Needless to say, I didn't bother.

Out of hundreds of transactions, this was the only time I got burned (well except for a scratched Judas Priest "Turbo" CD, the seller had thousands of positive feedback, I tell him about the problem and he completely ignored me). The CD was only a few bucks so no big deal......

Kento, have you already sent payment?

Burned twice in 300+ trys. First was on a then SOTA hard drive , 9.1 gb, 10K, IBM server drive I bought 3 from this guy no problem, the 4th never happened. Took me for 3 bills and this was before any ebay insurance. The second was on a CD for 6 bucks.

Aye, I am a positive ratings "slut" so I make payment as soon as the bid is over to be sure that the seller knows I bid with good intentions. For once I wish I wasn't so punctual. In hind sight, it is kind of funny to think that if I was just a few days late, I would have been fine, LOL. Ce la vie. I did do a claim through paypay, but for 28 bux I am not going to be making any long distance calls or making a big stink.

I have had good luck with e-bay, but don't use it much. Now GunBroker is another story, wife says I'm not allowed to buy any more guns :whistling: