• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finishing up my closet Humi...what do you guys think?

* i found a thermoelectric air conditioner unit i believe i can mount on the ceiling and have the "hot" portion sticking out into the attic. its 400 BTU, hot and cold unit, and they make an available drip tray to prevent condensation from dripping out, and a digital thermostat to set kick in temps...i need to get a quote which leads me to believe this is more expensive than i think but here it is.

http://www.eicsolutionsinc.com/400btu_ther...nditioner_b.htm

This is a great thread. I will have a closet in the office I am going to make into a humidor. It will be a little easier as I wont have to convert it, rather build it into the area as we build. I am looking at the Avallo system right now, but also want to add thermoelectric cooling. So might look for an all in one system if can find it.

Lots of great ideas in this thread! I am liking it!!

Bill

* i found a thermoelectric air conditioner unit i believe i can mount on the ceiling and have the "hot" portion sticking out into the attic. its 400 BTU, hot and cold unit, and they make an available drip tray to prevent condensation from dripping out, and a digital thermostat to set kick in temps...i need to get a quote which leads me to believe this is more expensive than i think but here it is.

This is what I was looking at before a cigar store owner advised me to just insulate the closet and run an A/C duct into it . . . according to him, the rH swings are minimal and easily compensated for by a good system. It's still an option I might consider, though. Very slick and looks easy to install and set up---studwall depth and fits over the door.

Koolspace KoolR Plus

~Boar

This is what I was looking at before a cigar store owner advised me to just insulate the closet and run an A/C duct into it . . . according to him, the rH swings are minimal and easily compensated for by a good system. It's still an option I might consider, though. Very slick and looks easy to install and set up---studwall depth and fits over the door.

Koolspace KoolR Plus

~Boar
what i worry about is my closet is at 75 degrees right now in the middle of winter with the heat on. i did the calculation for the maximum number of btu needed for my 36 cu ft closet and it came out to 73 btus...which means the smallest unit will work no problem.

i have decided against the oasis and towards the avallo system

so...that air conditioniong system is 1400 plus 600 for the digital controler...thats out of the question..