• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Anejo

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
I had my first Anejo today and all I can say is wow. It was everything I expected and them some.

I purcahsed this from my local B&M who broke up a 2005 Fuente Holiday Gift set so I could have the 2 Anejo No.48's. I normally do not smoke cigars that are this long but heck, beggers can't be choosers.

Wierd thing hapened though... I was smoking this while sitting down reading the new CA magazine. About 3/4 through the cigar, I took a break and walked our front from the garage. It was like a rush or something... almost like my cigar was laced with some sort of drug. Almost as if I were there, but wasn't. Kinda like dreaming or something. I felt weird but in a good way. No sure how else to explain this.

After quite a while, I finally finished this cigar and was sad it was gone. Now I can honestly say I see why there is so much hype about these. Too bad they are so freaking scarce.

Nice account, Greg. Must have been the "nic kick" that got you. Sometimes that happens when I get up after having made it through a powerful smoke.

Very nice of your tobacconist to accommodate you like that :thumbs:

Wilkey

Thanks for the post Greg. Still need to get my hands on an Anejo myself. It seems like I only get a buzz from better quality cigars IMRHO. in my "ROOKIE" humble opinion

Lkyman - Scott

Glad you like the Anejo...now stop it. :whistling: Just kidding. They are a fantastic and unreal tasty treat. Love them very much...just wish Fuente's marketing didn't get in the way of making them available (and affordable). :(

-Fetter

I love the 48. Have a 2 year old one in the humi right now :cool: . If you have never gotten the "cigar high" you have never smoked a good VSG or Opus X. Give that a whirl and see what happens.

I have smoked a ton of VSG and Opus... but this was just different. :)

Much more enjoyable in my opinion :)

For some reason these are one of my least favorite Fuente cigars. I am also not a big fan of Hemy Maduros. Now having said all that as far as being able to find them,
you need to establish a relationship with a local tobacconist who has a good relationship with the Fuentes. When these come in I have a couple tobacconsits who call me and let me know they are in. Yes I don't like them, but I buy the boxes for friends of mine.

Could I be your friend, Mr. Master? Please, please, please. :whistling:

Ya... I am always looking for new friends ;)

LOL... Hopefully my local shop will come through for me. Time will tell.

i had my first anejo this weekend. it was a #50. a friend from LSU brought it for me and we each smoked one tailgaiting before the game on friday. i was pretty intoxicated, but i do remember enjoying it, just not exactly how it tasted.

Sorry guys but I have a lot of friends from another site that beg me for them when they come in. Can we still be friends without me getting Anejo's for you? LOL

Sure we can... for the small price of a 5'er instead of a box :p LOL

It's very hard to find a full box of Anejos. And if you do find them, they are way to expensive. I was lucky enough to find a fresh sealed box of Anejo #55's this evening for a reasonable price. I hope that the Anejos that I purchased really are what they are hyped up to be. I am going to be really disappointed if my box of Anejo #55's don't have the excellent flavor and taste that all the cigar fanatics hype about.

I have to say that in my cigar experiences the Anejo line stands above almost all of the crowd when it comes to a premium non-cuban (or sometimes even Cuban :D ) smoke. It is a cigar with almost all the attributes of a Cuban cigar (including how hard it is to get a hold of). I have been fortunate in my findings to procure a couple of boxes of #55's and a special box of the #77 (which is still one of the greatest cigar experiences of my life). Anejos truly are worth the hype.

I love the Anejos, especially the #46 and #48's. Only a few left from last year though. :angry:

I just had my first the other day too, talk about a nice stick, I was fortunate enough to pick up five 50’s, Five 49’s, five 48’s and 5 between the lines all at very little over MSRP. Best buy ive ever made.

how much are you guys paying for the Anejos? I bought a couple for 10 bucks each and I thought that was a fair price.

Mr. Master, I am crushed to find out that you have "friends" at other sites that you like more than us :0 :0 . That's ok, don't worry about us here at CP, we'll just have to make do with the leftovers and crumbs that come our way :whistling: . I'm sure that someone will take pity on the poor souls here that can't seem to get a few Anejos ;) .

p.s. We still like ya anyway :thumbs: .