• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Perdomo

Herfin Bigdog said:
gtphale said:
Yea I admit it,but i still know what I like and those Prodomo's are just plain nasty. LOL :0
[snapback]266835[/snapback]​

Understood. But don't sell all of the Perdomo lines short based on a bad experience with just one or two lines. Give the others a fair chance. You might be pleasently surprised. :)
[snapback]267074[/snapback]​
I can't think of any Perdomo I really liked. The Edicion de Silvos are WAY overpriced and have very little flavor.

The only perdomo that I have liked was a cuban cafe. The rest just aren't interesting enough to make me want to smoke them.

It seems that age makes a huge difference with Perdomos. The ones with at least some age on them seem mellow and flavorful to me. That being the Reserve Cameroon and the Reserve La Tradicion Maduro ’P’. Both of these were great.

La Tradicion (maduro)- I like em. These improve with age.
Perdomo2 - very inconsistent, but when they are good, they are great. I have seen no indication that these improve with age.
EDS - Maybe CC can't taste them, they are mild. I think they are terrific. Also, I think that this cigar has a unique aftertaste (somehow it does not leave my mouth feeling ashy). I can't really imagine these improving with age.

Tierra Del Sol - Horrible. I don't know why I fell for the CI description.

Just for fun, I'll send a pack consisting of
4 Tierra Del Sol (gotta be about a year old -the fun part will be getting rid of these)
2 La Tradicion #4 Maduro (close to two years old)
2 EDS Robustos (close to a year old)

to the first person to ask for them who also previously bashed Perdomo cigars in this thread.

MonkeyK said:
La Tradicion (maduro)- I like em. These improve with age.
Perdomo2 - very inconsistent, but when they are good, they are great. I have seen no indication that these improve with age.
EDS - Maybe CC can't taste them, they are mild. I think they are terrific. Also, I think that this cigar has a unique aftertaste (somehow it does not leave my mouth feeling ashy). I can't really imagine these improving with age.

Tierra Del Sol - Horrible. I don't know why I fell for the CI description.

Just for fun, I'll send a pack consisting of
4 Tierra Del Sol (gotta be about a year old -the fun part will be getting rid of these)

to the first person to ask for them who also previously bashed Perdomo cigars in this thread.
[snapback]267267[/snapback]​

I'll take them, if no one else wants them. :)

BTW I smoked the Cameroon D and it was alot better than the CI Legend. Would I order it again? Probably, but I'd let it sit alot longer in my Humidor than the 2 months the one I smoked sat.

MonkeyK said:
EDS - Maybe CC can't taste them, they are mild. I think they are terrific.

LOL!! :laugh:

Could be!! I would never buy these BUT I have been gifted these in the past (thank you, you know who you are ;) ) and when I'm in the mood for a mild smoke, they are a very nicely constructed cigar that burn almost perfectly.

Wurm said:
MonkeyK said:
La Tradicion (maduro)- I like em.  These improve with age.
Perdomo2 - very inconsistent, but when they are good, they are great.  I have seen no indication that these improve with age.
EDS - Maybe CC can't taste them, they are mild.  I think they are terrific.  Also, I think that this cigar has a unique aftertaste (somehow it does not leave my mouth feeling ashy).  I can't really imagine these improving with age.

Tierra Del Sol - Horrible.  I don't know why I fell for the CI description.

Just for fun,  I'll send a pack consisting of

I'll take them, if no one else wants them. :)
[snapback]267337[/snapback]​

I'll send them out sometime this week. :cool:

Thank you kind sir! :thumbs:

I promise to try each and every one and post what I thought of them!

Wurm~
Try the EDS its a great Perdomo cigar. Also if can go ahead and try the Estate Selection Box Pressed Regente! It is one of my favorite cigars made by Perdomo. It was recommened to me once by a Perdomo rep at my locals Perdomo Event and i understand why he smokes one of these bad boys a day. Overall I would consider myself a bit of a Perdomo whore but such is life. Most Perdomos I have found taste much better with a little bit of age on them. Perdomo does make a lot of cigars however so if the name doesnt fit ya.....i will take them off your hands haha! No but try some other Perdomo products like Compay or some others and just see what you think.

My $00.02!

Drew

Drew_Moberly said:
Wurm~
Try the EDS its a great Perdomo cigar. Also if can go ahead and try the Estate Selection Box Pressed Regente! It is one of my favorite cigars made by Perdomo. It was recommened to me once by a Perdomo rep at my locals Perdomo Event and i understand why he smokes one of these bad boys a day. Overall I would consider myself a bit of a Perdomo whore but such is life. Most Perdomos I have found taste much better with a little bit of age on them. Perdomo does make a lot of cigars however so if the name doesnt fit ya.....i will take them off your hands haha! No but try some other Perdomo products like Compay or some others and just see what you think.

My $00.02!

Drew
[snapback]267587[/snapback]​

I'll definitely second the Compay recommendation. Good flavorful smoke. The La Tradicon Maduro is also a great smoke as already mentioned. You know this talk of Perdomo has reminded me also that the ones I've smoked I have not been disappointed in. I haven't smoked one in awhile...makes me want to give some of the ones I never got around to a shot...
:)

Tierra Del Sol = BLAND!!!!

Wasn't a "bad" cigar, but I wouldn't buy one for myself, Double D said it was ok but he wouldn't buy any either.

The other two types we will probably get around to trying this weekend or sometime next week.

Thanks again Mike!

coventrycat86 said:
Herfin Bigdog said:
gtphale said:
Yea I admit it,but i still know what I like and those Prodomo's are just plain nasty. LOL :0
[snapback]266835[/snapback]​

Understood. But don't sell all of the Perdomo lines short based on a bad experience with just one or two lines. Give the others a fair chance. You might be pleasently surprised. :)
[snapback]267074[/snapback]​
I can't think of any Perdomo I really liked. The Edicion de Silvos are WAY overpriced and have very little flavor.
[snapback]267101[/snapback]​

Wurm and me just smoked the EDSs he was sent and we have to agree with you. Not bad cigars but pretty bland. I wouldn't order any thats for sure. Wurm thinks the same as I do.

I've tried a lot of the Perdomos, and haven't been repulsed by any of them. I even got some seconds that tasted pretty good, but had really inconsistent draws.
I had a box of the Cabinet series, Exclusivos, in the Monarca size, that have a pretty distinct cedary type of taste that is really nice for a change-up. They have most definitely improved with age.
I also tried a fiver of the yellow band P2's in the little torbusto size. These were a pretty tasty shorter smoke.
My tastes are usually toward the medium strength smokes, and most Perdomos taste pretty good to me.

I joined this board for its positive attitude- and don`t want to break that thought....but... Perdomo is my pet peeve. They make beautiful cigars- great wrappers and they to me smell great. I really would enjoy smoking one- but my cigar diary lists 14 attempts. Only two made it to halfway, and they were described as "cigar incense". If others get a good burn and draw- they are right, a tasty cigar- but I don`t have the cash to play anymore.