• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

first "real" cigar experience

Tall Paul said:
June 2008 in preparation for my wedding I was trying to figure out a great gift to the guys in my wedding party and my great friend Simon who was and still is a cigar smoker threw the Idea out to get a box of cigars. So we traveled down to Two Guys and I grabbed a box of Ashton Imperial Tubo's and he grabbed a couple singles as well. We got back to my apartment and showed the ladies what we had purchased. My wife was surprised that I bought a hole box to give away. Giving all the guys in the wedding party 2 cigars each I had a 5er left so we gabbed some matches and sat out on the porch and lite up a couple of these Ashton's and the rest is history!

Paul
So what I want to know is how did you go from that to filling an Aristocrat in 4.5 years?

About 15 years ago we kept our boat in a marina off of Lake Michigan.  All of the guys would sit out on the docks shooting the BS after the kids and ladies went to sleep.  One night someone had the great idea to walk a few blocks to the gas station for cigars.  It seemed like a great idea at 2AM :).

I don't even have a clue what they had in the small display humidor, but that started the ball rolling.

MrAnderson41 said:
June 2008 in preparation for my wedding I was trying to figure out a great gift to the guys in my wedding party and my great friend Simon who was and still is a cigar smoker threw the Idea out to get a box of cigars. So we traveled down to Two Guys and I grabbed a box of Ashton Imperial Tubo's and he grabbed a couple singles as well. We got back to my apartment and showed the ladies what we had purchased. My wife was surprised that I bought a hole box to give away. Giving all the guys in the wedding party 2 cigars each I had a 5er left so we gabbed some matches and sat out on the porch and lite up a couple of these Ashton's and the rest is history!

Paul
So what I want to know is how did you go from that to filling an Aristocrat  aging vault in 4.5 years?

Fixed!

I'm a male prostitute...  ;)

Tall Paul said:

Paul
So what I want to know is how did you go from that to filling an Aristocrat  aging vault in 4.5 years?

Fixed!

So the women pay you in cigars NOT to pleasure them... :laugh:

When I was 17 me and some friends smoked some phillies in a park by our high school.  I didn't realize at the time that most people didn't buy those to smoke.  

In college I started buying bundle cigars from a street vendor and smoke during lunch breaks at work.  Eventually found some forums and expanded my horizons.  

I was playing in a golf tournament about 25 years ago.  The mosquitoes were horrible and the other guys I was playing with were not being bothered.  They said it was because of the cigars, so I took one.  A Mac Hyde Park, it kept the bugs away and I started slipping that day.  I wouldn't smoke a Mac now unless it was dire circumstances.

2K6TBSS said:

Paul

Fixed!

Male Prostitutes are typically male on male. 

Backslide said:

Paul

Fixed!

Male prostitutes are typically male on male.  We all know women don't have to pay for it. 

So, this thread is a few months old, but I figured I'd contribute!

I smoked a lot of gas station flavored cigars (grape, apple, etc) while golfing with friends/having bonfire parties. Nothing quality, & I still cringe at the thought lol.

While deployed, we had a fire pit right outside of our living quarters, and most everyone congregated at night & smoked cigarettes. My team leader knew a couple civilian contractors from home & invited them to join us. Lucky for me, they offered me a CAO Brazilia while visiting! It was an entirety different kind of cigar than the Philly Blunts! Thanks to them, I was able to try out a few more before investing in some mail order samplers.

Haha my apologies. Figured it was a way for me to contribute, since "cigar knowledge" is a skill I'm lacking

My story is pretty common. Some friends managed to get ahold of some Swisher Sweet cigarillo's. We'd smoke them in the middle of the night in the cemetery. :laugh: