• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Timer....

B.HOBS

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've been doing some serious lurking, reading old posts, and doing my homework for the obvious reasons. I am an ISOM newb, so I wanna get to know some island smokes fairly soon.

I would love to get some recommendations on some brands/vitolas that smoke well when they are young. I don't want to have to age some smokes for a year before I can see if they are worth it for me. I searched for this, but I can never get anywhere without retrieving 600 posts!

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks y'all!

~Billy

By far the Bolivar Gold Medal is one of the best ISOM's I've smoked young.

So what flavor of ice cream is the best? :laugh: I don't particularly like strawberry but I can assure you that it is someones favorite.

What do you regularly smoke now? Do you like a short smoke (20/30 minutes) or a longer smoke? Do you like strong, mild or somewhere inbetween? Do you have price limitations? (How much are you budgeting) Large ring gauge or small?

I've been really impressed with how the 06's are smoking. I think something may have changed over there because they seem to be better young than they used to be. I'm no expert though and my experience is limitted so take that with a grain of salt. I recommend buying a box, smoking about five and putting the rest down for six months to a year if you are not satisfied with them and try again. Smaller ring gage cigars may work better for you as well as they typically need less aging time.

So what flavor of ice cream is the best? :laugh: I don't particularly like strawberry but I can assure you that it is someones favorite.

What do you regularly smoke now? Do you like a short smoke (20/30 minutes) or a longer smoke? Do you like strong, mild or somewhere inbetween? Do you have price limitations? (How much are you budgeting) Large ring gauge or small?

Mmmmm, strawberry!

Mmmmm, strawberry!

I knew there was something strange about you Bruce. :laugh: :sign:

Supple? ROFLMAO! I've got your supple alright! :cool:

This post has taken a very sharp turn!! :laugh: :sign:

Honestly, I don't have much of a budget right now, as I'm trying to be good and pay off all credit debt by summer. I just want to get a taste of Cubans as the hype just makes one want to experience it. I'm just planning on buying a few select sticks to sample, maybe around $100 or so. If I like em, I'll buy more. I just don't want to spend a whole lot of cash and be not-so-thrilled about ISOMs and the hype backing them.

Preferences of smokes are nothing over 50-52 gauge typically, usually around 5+" long, any strength range will suit, but I do tend to enjoy stronger cigars much more. A good corona or robusto is my best friend. This is what I'm thinking after reading some replies...

PSD4, Monte PE, Bolivar PC, and a Fonseca Cosacos for variety and budget, all singles. Would this be a decent variety, or too similar in tastes?? I don't think I would order much more for now. Just getting my feet wet you know?

~Billy

Like the man says...choose your poison, strawberry on smooth skin sounds good to me.

Seriously though, many vendors offer sample packs, pick up one or a few of those and go from there.

Brian

Like the man says...choose your poison, strawberry on smooth skin sounds good to me.

Seriously though, many vendors offer sample packs, pick up one or a few of those and go from there.

Brian

This is so entertaing, Brian I am going to send you some...."products" for your fetishes this next time ROFL! :sign: :sign:

Out of your list, I don't like the Fonsecas...personal preference. Replace it with a RASS and you got some good smokes!

Honestly, I don't have much of a budget right now, as I'm trying to be good and pay off all credit debt by summer. I just want to get a taste of Cubans as the hype just makes one want to experience it.

See???? :)