• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fonseca Cosacos

MidGe

Reaction score
13 dec 2005
Fonseca cosacos

Presentation has to be as close to the ideal (max) as possible. I mean, really, they are going overboard for a cigar this price, individually wrapped in a special paper (similar to, but stronger than silk paper) and then bagued. I mean, it looks speicial. :)

I am very weary of cost of packaging interfering with the cost of quality. I feel the same way towrdards wine and wine bottles labels. I am glad to say that it is not the case for these cigars. and my weariness was overcome by the smoking experience. In fact, I'll go further and say that I found some use to their seemingly overdone packaging.

Use the wrapper as a reminder in your office the next few days :) Hve a sniff... Check out how many days you still do get a satisfaction from the sniff.

This is a very well constructed cigar from the foot to the head. My initial cut was a bit short (I like to minimise it) and without further checking I tried to light it. Drawing was difficult. Using the magnifying glass (which I always do with my cigars as it is part of the pleasure.. I am a difficult dude and a romantic when it comes to Habanas.. they have to be right :) ), I realised I was really too economical with my cute cut. Half as much again (and we are still easily under 2mm) and it was a wonderful draw. The cigar got going quickly, the flavours present early and not shy in staying bundled together in terms of strength. An obvious balance present for the first half of the cigar. Then the strong spices started insinuating themselves... At the right time, may I add. Just as the palate and taste buds got used to the strength, it intensifies.

This is an interesting beginner (or afternoon (or even morning :) )) cigar. It does introduce even the mere amateur to wonderful cigars (without overbearing him, yet testing him gently), yet it won't dissapoint the experienced smoker in quest of a lighter cigar.

Wondefrull earthy and chocolate flavour. Quite spicy and increasingly so. Late saltiness overcomed by stronger and stronger exotic spice. Never looses its oak and sweet aroma for the non-smoking partners.

Horizontal to down smoke (heavy/creamier*) and consistent ashes and burn. [*Whether the smokes goes down or up when pushed out of the mouth with the tongue (for me) I call it my beard test. Does it hang along the goatee or the moustache or does it quickly fly in the air]

Very good value for the price (please use the wrapper.. You'll never know how much pleasure you will get of this feature :) )

Not just a raw beginner cigar. Something that will be enjoyed by most experienced beginners and afficinados as well It is not a huge cigar only suitable to very seasoned smokers. You will quickly come to recognise this very consistent mild to mid strength for the first half which then becomes a gradually stronger for the second half. Depending on taste this could be a knuckle burner or a just under 2cm stoogie. :)

Appearance & Construction (15) 14 (A pecial for te paper wrap .. do use it as a reminder for those occasions when you cannot smoke)
Flavour (25) 17
Smoking Characteristics (25) 20
Overall Impression (35) 25
Total (100) 76

Complemented by a bottle of Barossa Valley Cab/Sav 1999

WOW! That's quite a review! :laugh: It is a very good cigar with lots of flavor. I love them in the morning with my coffee. :thumbs:

atuck said:
WOW! That's quite a review! :laugh: It is a very good cigar with lots of flavor. I love them in the morning with my coffee. :thumbs:
[snapback]262463[/snapback]​

Thanks atuck... Geez, I am impressed by that humidor of yours :)

Killer review. I've shied away from these as reports have not been so positive. But it certainly sounds like you enjoyed them. :thumbs:

I'd never noticed the smoke direction until you mentioned it here. Gonna have to pay attention to that with the next stick. What do you think is actually making the smoke buoyant?

Wilkey

This was my first cuban cigar.
It is a nice introduction into the world of ISOM's.
Still have a couple in my humidor. :thumbs: