• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For all the students...

Bar/Bri. Been there, done that. It works. Sucks, but works.

BarBri and PMBR, I'm in heaven :sign:

I only have 2 finals this semester, so it won't be as bad as previous years, but finding the motivation now is pretty difficult. But I honestly got to say, law school was one of the best time's of my life.

You won't need both honestly. Not even the classes are that beneficial - I never got much out of them anyway, so stopped taking them after the very first Bar I ever took long ago. Get the Bar/Bri books and study those, run through those practice exams, and you'll be fine. Has worked for me for numerous state bars in which I have been admitted, always passing with ease the first go around. ;)

Yeah, everyone keeps telling me that. I figure if the firm is gonna pay for it, I'll take any edge I can get to pass, especially my first time around. Hopefully if I ever need to be admitted to another bar I'll either get reciprocity (which I hear most states don't have) or be in a more confident position for the exam.

It comes down to a matter of overkill. You'll find that you will be better served by reading the materials, going through the drills and so on. You'll have more than enough to work through with one review program, regardless of who's footing the expense.

As for reciprocity, I've gotten into a few state Bars that way, but have taken far more Bars than reciprocity provides. By the way, Pennsylvania shares reciprocity with Texas - a good thing to acquire regardless of whether you need it; at a minimum, it also looks good on letterhead.

Thanks for the Penn. tip - definitely agree on acquiring it, even if just for looks. I'll probably get the DC one as well - from my understanding if you graduated from an ABA accredited school and got whatever minimum scores on the MBE and MPRE you're admitted to the DC bar.

You're probably right on the overkill. Once everything gets going I'll probably scale back, but hey, I just want to pass! The main reason I signed up for PMBR was the MBE questions, so hopefully I'll be able to combine those with BarBri materials and be fine.

You guys get the week off (only review or study time) before finals?!?!? Times sure have changed and I just graduated about 10 years ago. Maybe it was just my school...

Good luck, guys. College is what you make of it.

I have a dead week comin' up here. I anticipate the (cigar) damage to be about $30 a day, but this new pipe I've got should be able to hold that to a minimum (thanks Jake :thumbs: ).

I start my finals in 2 weeks. Until then, i have 3 labs, 2 presentations, 2 papers, and atleast 1 test left to finish. Haha. I think i smoked 11 cigars last week to keep from going nuts. :)

You guys get the week off (only review or study time) before finals?!?!? Times sure have changed and I just graduated about 10 years ago. Maybe it was just my school...

Don't worry... While "reading week" is theoretically used for studying, most try use it as a much needed break to get in some much needed partying and relaxation. However, this usually is prevented to a large degree by the number of term papers due at the end of said week. :(

You guys are killin' me. If I'd of flunked out of Corps school, I would have ended up a deck ape on some tin can in the middle of the Pacific. What's the worst that could happen to you. Retake the course? Relax, you'll all do fine.

Doc.

Just finishing up the last 3 weeks of my first year of medical school. It's been ridiculously hard, but I'm surprised how fast it has passed by.

I just noticed you are posting from Omaha. Do you attend Creighton? Just curious. :cool:

Just finishing up the last 3 weeks of my first year of medical school. It's been ridiculously hard, but I'm surprised how fast it has passed by.

I just noticed you are posting from Omaha. Do you attend Creighton? Just curious. :cool:

I'm at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine. Creighton mostly takes out-of-state applicants(significant portion from California).

Do you have ties to Omaha or Creighton?

Finishing up my sophomore year at the U of A. It's not too bad, but I am currently using the time i set aside for a research paper on CP. Couple tests and papers, then finals a week later. We don't get a whole week, just one day, "dead day" to study for exams.

I'm not that worried.

I as well am finishing up my "Sophomore" year, but will be a second semestter Junior heading into next fall.

We have the rest of this week, and mon and tues of next with classes. Then we have 2 "reading days" and finals begin not this friday, but the following. Spring semesters aren't always my best, my track record has me doing MUCH better in the fall semesters. Im facing 2xB's 2xC's 1xD for this semester.

Above a 2.0, enough to keep on truckin. :laugh:

You guys are killin' me. If I'd of flunked out of Corps school, I would have ended up a deck ape on some tin can in the middle of the Pacific. What's the worst that could happen to you. Retake the course? Relax, you'll all do fine.

Doc.

:laugh:

Flunkin' out wasn't an option for OCS, TBS or Naval Justice School either.

I've been out of law school for two years now and MiamiCubano's taken more bar exams than I care to even think about but bottom line is this...
You want to take this state's exam only once....and you don't want to look back and think "I could have studied more"

Good Luck!

I'm at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine. Creighton mostly takes out-of-state applicants(significant portion from California).

Do you have ties to Omaha or Creighton?

Creighton is a popular school for students from Hawaii. I have numerous students who attend Creighton. Most of them are in one of the pre-professional majors.

Just got done with a tough chemistry class, but still have work to do in my English comp class. I'll be taking the day off of work tomorrow in order to get what I need to do finished.

Just got done with a tough chemistry class, but still have work to do in my English comp class. I'll be taking the day off of work tomorrow in order to get what I need to do finished.

I remember those days...dont miss them though!!!! :laugh: