• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For the 1st time in 12 years.........

Well at least the place you worked for waited till after your honeymoon. They allowed you to have a fun week before giving you the bad news. Good luck with the job hunt. Something will come your way and hopefully before you need to sell your stash off.

Jeff, 30 years ago I was in your same position. Buffalo was so shot up that staying was not an option, so I came to Texas, the house sold in 3 days so there was no going back; and from that point on it's been history.

Many of us have walked the walk, I hope you find smooth pavement and success quickly. People can hear that song in your heart, so keep singing and good things are sure to follow.

Jeff, sorry to hear about your situation, but I am encouraged by your attitude. I just know that good things will happen to you.

Hell yes good things will happen. Opportunity always knocks.

Chin up, and eyes open!

Good things happen to good people don't you forget that!

PJ

Thank you, all. I know I'll get through this, but cannot tell you how much I appreciate the kind words.

Thank you again.

Jeffrey L.

Jeff,

Sorry to hear this. I hope this brings you a fantastic opportunity. I don't know many people in the mortgage business but feel free to find me on LinkedIn or Facebook. If I can be of any help networking just let me know.

Keep your head up. Take the time to evaluate what you would love to do everyday and go for it. If you ever need support reach out brother.

Brent

Jeff, something better will come along. Your old job may have killed you, those hours were insane! Not to mention the drive. I'm a believer in doing what you love.

I lost my job of 4 years in March of this year. I had been doing a side business/hobby for a while, but never had the guts to step out and do it full time. Needless to say, God said it was time! It was going great until October, when some things changed and I had to switch gears again. I had to start building up another part of the business which I had been putting off, and am having an adventure while I'm at it. All this to say is, things happen for a reason and the Big Man has a plan for your life. Grab on with both hands brother :)

Have you considered going out on your own as a closer? I have no idea of the requirements in CA, here in IN I think all you need is a license and some E&O.

Between the mortgage experience and closing experience, you shouldn't be out of work long.

Good luck trying to find a job. Keep your head up and your eyes wide open you will find something for sure.

Sorry to hear about this Jeff. I'm sure things will turn around for you. As many others have mentioned opportunities are out there, sometimes though you need to be the one to search them out. Be proactive...you'll be back in the swing of things soon. Oh...and a 100% commission gig is better than no gig at all, especially for a guy like you who busts his butt.

Again, I really appreciate the words of encouragement from you all. I can't tell you how comforting it is to read. Thank you all. I never would have thought you could spend an entire DAY filling out applications........everything's online and takes about an hour to completely fill something out! Man!!!! Something should come up quickly. I told myself that I'm going to spend 2 weeks trying to find a job doing what I love. If I can't, then I'll take a job at Target, or any place, just to support my wife and I. Obviously, something like that would be temporary for me. Nothing against anyone that works there, it's just not what my profession is.

Jeffrey L.

All the best in your job hunting :thumbs: . Sometimes life knock's you down, it's just the getting up that can take a while, But i am sure with your work attitude you will be gainfully employed in no time.
BTW it must have killed you to sell some of your sticks considering how long it takes to build a collection :(

I know exactly how you feel Jeffrey, being in that situation before and having to relinquish things that you hold dear in order to support yourself and your family.

You will end up in a better place man, I know I have, keep your head up! :thumbs:

-Jimmy

edited for spelling inadequacies

Wow Jeffrey, that's crazy! Sorry to hear of the sudden shock for you and your new wife. I've got no doubt you'll find something shortly, and hopefully the next opportunity turns into something bigger and better than before... be it better hours, pay, less travel or whatever.

Stay positive (like you aren't doing that already) and keep us posted on the progress!

Keith

Yeah, these things have a way of working out. You have a whole new life in more ways than you may have anticipated. Keep your chin up, and keep taking all the steps you know how to take. Best of luck in finding something that fits with your new life. Hopefully, in a short time, you will see this as a blessing.

I went through this over the summer and came out on the other end better than I could've imagined. I had an offer to leave my previous firm and move my book of business. After I left, the deal at the new place fell apart leaving me and my clients homeless for 4 months. It was brutal and my business was devestated but it all worked out in the end.

I say if if you still have the contacts try to throw a few mortgages in the pipeline and get paid until you figure out something permanent.

edit: grammar

*update*

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=67528&st=0

Jeffrey L.