• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

? for the gun guys

donzz

What do you guys think of the Taurus PT 145?
I picked one up on the cheap 3.25 in. barrel 10+1 cap.

Don't you think you should have asked that question before you bought it.
wink.gif
Now that you have it enjoy it. There's no sense in subjecting yourself to buyers remorse.

Doc

I hope to make it to the range this weekend.As soon as I find my DD214 Ill be applying for a concealed permit.
I know Ill have fun at the range with it but was wondering about c.c with this weapon. The purchase also included a Galco holster.

I hope to make it to the range this weekend.As soon as I find my DD214 Ill be applying for a concealed permit.
I know Ill have fun at the range with it but was wondering about c.c with this weapon. The purchase also included a Galco holster.

If you are going to do a CC, better do it with a real gun. Plenty of IWH out on the market. I carry a .45 and a 9mm. Not at the
same time any more. I'd consider that Taurus as a back up.

I like that gun that had a confirmed hit 1.5 miles away. Get one of those.

A Subcompact .45 ACP designed for concealed carry. What's not to like?

1/4 of a century ago Taurus didn't have such a good name. It might have been a perception that less money = lower quality. I don't know, I've owned a few, and never had a complaint or issue concerning any of them. It's been a while since I heard anyone say anything negative about their firearms.

I would be interested in how the thing shoots. How far is the range of accuracy, how's it handle (for being such a small frame), etc. Let us know. ;)

1/4 of a century ago Taurus didn't have such a good name. It might have been a perception that less money = lower quality. I don't know, I've owned a few, and never had a complaint or issue concerning any of them. It's been a while since I heard anyone say anything negative about their firearms.

I would be interested in how the thing shoots. How far is the range of accuracy, how's it handle (for being such a small frame), etc. Let us know. ;)

I have a Keltec and for anything more than 10 feet, it sucks. It definitely works as a back up for close range. Thus I don't recommend a short barrel for
a CC as the main weapon for defense. I don't own a Taurus but my Uncle and brother have a few. I just don't like the trigger guard and some other
issues of a Taurus. I'm a Springfield fan.

I can say my Keltec kicks like a mule. But its barely bigger than most wallets.

I remember many years ago when I was looking to purchase my first handgun. I stood in front of a bunch of handguns from a bunch of diff companies and there was used and new ones. I put each one into my hand and the only one company that stood out was Taurus it felt as if the gun was a part of me it felt perfect like it was meant for it. and from that day forward Taurus is the only handgun for me. But once again that is my personal preference and thats is what I feel comfy with. It is too bad that you purchased it but I believe if your glove size a large like mine is and the gloves fit snug then that gun should fit real nice in your hand. Both my guns were of a longer barrel in the 45 and 9mm and funny thing is the 9 kicked harder then the 45, go figure. But since the barrel is of a 3.5 inch expect a kick but it might not be as big as a longer barrel since the round leaves the chamber faster and recoil should be less.

Rich

But since the barrel is of a 3.5 inch expect a kick but it might not be as big as a longer barrel since the round leaves the chamber faster and recoil should be less.

Rich

But what about the comparison of overall weapon weight when dealing with compacts and full size? I understand what you're saying, but it does not fully make sense. I can shoot a 45 acp round out of a sub-compact USP 45, then shoot the same round out of my USP 45 full size and tell you which one feels better. The weight difference caused by the overall barrel length and size of a full size handgun greatly minimizes the muzzle rise, or "kick," that is felt from a compact or sub-compact, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure 10 different other guys will either agree or disagree in different columns because that is the nature of handgun owners. We all have assholes, and we all have opinions.

I have a Keltec and for anything more than 10 feet, it sucks. It definitely works as a back up for close range. Thus I don't recommend a short barrel for
a CC as the main weapon for defense. I don't own a Taurus but my Uncle and brother have a few. I just don't like the trigger guard and some other
issues of a Taurus. I'm a Springfield fan.

I can say my Keltec kicks like a mule. But its barely bigger than most wallets.

Well, to each his own & YMMV. But my little Kahr is amazingly accurate out to 40 yards, and doesn't kick too bad at all.
kahrqo6.jpg

I've also had subcompacts that I sold after a couple times at the range because they either were not accurate or didn't feel right in my hand (while shooting).

I'm interested to hear how the Taurus shoots.

I'm not much of a fan of the Taurus semi-autos. I had heard when the Taurus version of the 1911 came out that it was really supposed to be something special and being that I am a fan of 1911's I went and shot it and was just not impressed with either the action or the trigger pull. I can also honestly say here that I don't have any experience with the Taurus sub-compacts. Although pricey, I much prefer my Kimber that I now own. I also have a Browning Hi-Power 9mm and a Springfield XD .40. As far as .45s go though, I just prefer the Kimbers and the Colts. I do have friends that still prefer their Taurus to my Kimber and I will say that the cost of the Taurus is substantially less. So its a pro and con kind of idea as far as it goes. If you already bought the Taurus, I will have to agree with a previous poster and simply say 'enjoy it'.

Mike

Thanks for all the replies. Ill let you know how it shoots this weekend

I hope it works out well for you. I won't even go into how much I hate Taurus for not fixing my revolver. Long story short, the gun malfunctions, I send it back, they fix it, and it still doesn't work.

Good luck!

My wife's Taurus 38 titanium hammerless lite is a sweet revolver.

My SW99 fits like a glove but in hindsight is just too big for me to comfortably carry even with my custom alessi holster.

I looked at a Karr .45 compact the other day. looked easier to conceal. for now my NAA .32 semi mouse is the easiest to carry but inaccurate beyond 5-10 ft.