• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For those of you with "the puck"

CigarBaron

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just have a real quick question. Are the beads inside "the puck" easy to remove?

Here's the reason I'm asking: My dad has a small desktop humi (Holds approx 20-30 cigars) and he has a small travel tube humi (holds 4-8 cigars).

What I would like to do is order him the size 100 puck (which is probably more beads then his little desktop needs) and remove some of the beads and place them in his travel humi (where the stupid green foam used to be).

I'm a newbie so can somebody with the puck tell me if this will/should work without a problem?

Thanks a lot! I'll be making the order a little later today as long as I get a couple of replies.

-Baron

PS- I'll be buying my out 100 count humi within the next couple of weeks--does it matter if i order my own puck now (with my dads order) and it just sits around not being used until my humi comes in? Thanks

Hey guys, I just have a real quick question. Are the beads inside "the puck" easy to remove?

Here's the reason I'm asking: My dad has a small desktop humi (Holds approx 20-30 cigars) and he has a small travel tube humi (holds 4-8 cigars).

What I would like to do is order him the size 100 puck (which is probably more beads then his little desktop needs) and remove some of the beads and place them in his travel humi (where the stupid green foam used to be).

I'm a newbie so can somebody with the puck tell me if this will/should work without a problem?

Thanks a lot! I'll be making the order a little later today as long as I get a couple of replies.

-Baron

PS- I'll be buying my out 100 count humi within the next couple of weeks--does it matter if i order my own puck now (with my dads order) and it just sits around not being used until my humi comes in? Thanks

You can do that bro, it will just reduce the amount of volume that The Puck humidifier will regulate.

Also, make sure you use enough of the RH Beads in the travel humidor to make sure it's the right amount for that size humidor. There is a conversion table on www.GetThePuck.com

You can let The Puck humidifier sit as long as you like prior to using it. :thumbs:

Hope this helps

~Mark

I would recommend contacting Mark Neff of Cigarmony directly. He is incredibly helpful and would definitely know best!

He is on this board regularly so I am sure you will get a post from him shortly anyways :)

-Baron

You can do that bro, it will just reduce the amount of volume that The Puck humidifier will regulate.

Also, make sure you use enough of the RH Beads in the travel humidor to make sure it's the right amount for that size humidor. There is a conversion table on www.GetThePuck.com

You can let The Puck humidifier sit as long as you like prior to using it. :thumbs:

Hope this helps

~Mark

That does help..thanks for the fast reply!

Alright guys, thanks for the help--it is a done deal...i just ordered 2 65% 100 size pucks (one for me one for my dad).

I hope 65% is the best % to buy...i don't have a clue but from what i've read here everyone seems to like 65%...i'm thinking maybe I should've gone with the 70% just because i only smoke occasionally and there's a good chance my cigars will be stored for months at a time..too late now i guess...any thoughts on that?

Thanks Mark!

Alright guys, thanks for the help--it is a done deal...i just ordered 2 65% 100 size pucks (one for me one for my dad).

I hope 65% is the best % to buy...i don't have a clue but from what i've read here everyone seems to like 65%...i'm thinking maybe I should've gone with the 70% just because i only smoke occasionally and there's a good chance my cigars will be stored for months at a time..too late now i guess...any thoughts on that?

Thanks Mark!

It's RH ... Relative Humidity. As long as your smokes are somewhere in the range, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

And don't worry about a tad high or low for a couple of days.

I prefer the "Touch Test". After a time you'll get to know if your smokes "feel" right or not, and I think most here would agree, it's best to be a bit on the low side.

Just my 2 cents!

Oh yea just remebered. When you open that sucker up, be ready cause beads might flyin' and they are a bitch to try to pick back up. Do it in a controlled enviroment. They will go everywhere and they bounce... BE CAREFUL....

Oh yea just remebered. When you open that sucker up, be ready cause beads might flyin' and they are a bitch to try to pick back up. Do it in a controlled enviroment. They will go everywhere and they bounce... BE CAREFUL....

That's never happened to me :whistling: