• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Forgotten Favorites

Speaking of El Credito, I used to love the El Rico Hanano Club in Maduro. I started smoking them when the Wavells became increasingly difficult to find.

I had one about a year ago and it tasted like wet tube sock. I haven't been back down that road since.

I still smoke a ton of Wavells though...

BITD during the boom, I used to like Tamboril. The other day I was whipping through the Famous catalog, and saw they had 'em on closeout on a 2 for 1 special. I admit, I am tempted.

El Parisio and Macanudo Golds for me.

I still smoke the Macs when my buds are burnt and I need something comparable to smoking flavored air.

Edit to add: That's taste buds for all of you pot heads out there. :)

Well I havn't been doing this as long as most of you old guys ( :D ), but when I first started I was smoking alot of Altadis and General product, my user name on a hockey message board is still RyJ Maduro...I was also very much into the Partagas Black Labels for a while. Strangely enough, I've been smoking less Padron lately, despite the fact I have not lost my taste for them at all.

The one that has stood the test of time for me is the LGCs, for the money I still think they're a respectable go-to smoke.

Being only twenty and smoking Davidoffs, Anejos, Opus, and Tatuaje makes me wonder where my palate will be when I'm thirty-something. :sign:

El Rico Habano and Henry Clay along with the Zino cigars that came in the foiled plastic bags were staples for me back in the day. I enjoyed the heavy flavor of the ERH and HC and the convenience of the Zinos. I smoked a Henry Clay recently and thought it was pretty dull. I guess Tats and Don Pepins'll do that to a palate.

Wilkey

Krautle - I almost forgot the Party Blacks! I used to smoke that stuff like crack rocks when I first got into cigars! :laugh:

Also, I smoked Puros Indios like they were going out of style... The Pyramid especially.

I think Mr. Reyes' ambition got the better of his production capability and the handful of 'modern' PIs that I've smoked left me longing for the old days.

And Curly Heads... I haven't had one of those in years.

One of the first cigars that I started out smoking with was a Tinder Box house brand called La Reserva. I loved that cigar. The local Tinder Box closed years ago and I don't want to order a full box just to reminisce. Also liked a boom time cigar called Napa. Will still smoke a Macanudo Hampton park like the old days. Got 4 in the humi ready to go. Used to like Onyx but I gave those up years ago.

Let me know if any of you remember these: (I'll post scans of the labels ASAP)

La Cammaratta - Churchills: WoW & I looked cool too.
Madrigal - Robustos: outa Mexico but I think they were made from ISOM Weed
R&J - Tubo Churchills- one of our High Rollers used to bring me a few every month or so
Big Butts - Gordo Robustos
ANY Boli ISOM & Monte No. 2s

I started out smoking MacADoodle Hyde Park Tuboos at $1.95 or $2.25 each!

I'll add a few as I remember. Great topic.

jonesy I could get you some santa damiana they are easy to come by here. I like the little figurados if you are interested send me a pm with your adress.

Dale

In the early 80's, yes that is correct 80's I would go to the Missouri Athletic Club and work out about 4 times a week. On the way out they had a glass display humidor and I would grab a Fuente corona to smoke on the way home. They were 70 cents. I went to work at a client where the cigar smoking was done during the day, in the office, all day by everyone from the top down. The controller said "just remember one word when purchasing cigars....Punch". So I used to smoke some Punch and some regular Fuente's until the boom. Now I rarely smoke either one.

One other cigar that I normally bought with regularity was LGC Wavell Maduros, and I think there are still some yellow cello versions in the humi. I also smoked those Puros Indios cigars and now they are hard to stomach.