• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Found a new website for reviews

I think we scared him off.

And I personally don't blame him.

People have a tendency to get their panties in a wad fast around here.

Shawn, they're just a bunch of kids with a computer, smoking shitty cigars, cause they can't afford anything else. They have a crappy beer forum too. Like I need advice on crappy beer.:rolleyes:

Doc.

Wasn't talking about the website Doc, I was talking about the new guy who found something funny, came in here to share and then got ran up the flagpole.

And I found the website to be humorous, remember I did a ACID review not too long ago that was similar.

*edit* I'm just saying that it seems that almost everyone here wants to play forum police, and I'm sorry that still goes against "The worlds friendliest cigar website." in my opinion.

Yeah,I understand that. But when the spidey sense tingles, it's hard to just let it slide.

Wasn't talking about the website Doc, I was talking about the new guy who found something funny, came in here to share and then got ran up the flagpole.

And I found the website to be humorous, remember I did a ACID review not too long ago that was similar.

*edit* I'm just saying that it seems that almost everyone here wants to play forum police, and I'm sorry that still goes against "The worlds friendliest cigar website." in my opinion.

Aren't you the same guy who went right after Bayamos for what you thought was him sticking up for BigCSmoker?

My god this is really ridiculous. I seriously don't know who the hell BigCSmoker is. I'm not that hard up for advertisement of my site. I'm actually working with some big name retailers here soon on reviewing their house blends and have obtained well over 2000 uniques a month from the site. We're really just doing this to have some fun honestly. Also, I'm not a kid. We're all 30+ years old. I'm married and have four kids of my own. You don't have to like my site, but seriously the only ones acting like kids in here is the people of these forums... possibly with the exception of Wurm who I believe runs the place.

My god this is really ridiculous. I seriously don't know who the hell BigCSmoker is. I'm not that hard up for advertisement of my site. I'm actually working with some big name retailers here soon on reviewing their house blends and have obtained well over 2000 uniques a month from the site. We're really just doing this to have some fun honestly. Also, I'm not a kid. We're all 30+ years old. I'm married and have four kids of my own. You don't have to like my site, but seriously the only ones acting like kids in here is the people of these forums... possibly with the exception of Wurm who I believe runs the place.

Settle down, bro. I was the first to say that I did not think BigCSmoker was on your team and there are many others here who are familiar with your work. Hell, I even have a few comments up on your site from MONTHS ago. I, for one, am familiar with your podcast and your website. If you like smoking that garbage then go right ahead. Keep us posted on how bad some of those smokes are.

Now, all of those warm and fuzzy comments aside: I demand a retraction of your libelous and damaging review of Hudy Delight Beer. Episode 9 needs to be edited to remove such WRONG commentary. I mean did you expect any beverage to taste good when you paired it with a Swisher Sweet Grape? Come on, bro. Do Cincinnati right and give that beer a second review. I would be happy to pick up a few for you to re-try. :cool:

Settle down, bro. I was the first to say that I did not think BigCSmoker was on your team and there are many others here who are familiar with your work. Hell, I even have a few comments up on your site from MONTHS ago. I, for one, am familiar with your podcast and your website. If you like smoking that garbage then go right ahead. Keep us posted on how bad some of those smokes are.

Now, all of those warm and fuzzy comments aside: I demand a retraction of your libelous and damaging review of Hudy Delight Beer. Episode 9 needs to be edited to remove such WRONG commentary. I mean did you expect any beverage to taste good when you paired it with a Swisher Sweet Grape? Come on, bro. Do Cincinnati right and give that beer a second review. I would be happy to pick up a few for you to re-try. :cool:

Thank you. It's just annoying when someone won't believe you even if it's something as silly as this. Thanks for watching and I think I remember your comment on that review. ;) I actually don't care for Hudy Delight (I've had it before), but to be fair we do plan on reviewing it again on our new crapbeer.com site eventually. If you are from cincinnati, do you go to the Party Source cigar tastings at all? I'm usually there every other Tuesday or so.

Easy killer. When someone shows up in our community, and their first post is pimping another website, then yes we're going to be skeptical. Especially when that person posts a link to your site, and then immediately disappears. I don't know, or care if he's actually affiliated with you. I checked out your site, and got a few good laughs out of it. We're pretty protective of our community here, and we just try to make sure every vendor/site/etc. is on the up and up so our membership and community don't suffer damage. Your site was starting to get a little positive love over the last few posts, but you saying we're "acting like kids" certainly isn't going to get the welcome mat laid out for you. Relax, let us enjoy your site and sort out the other business our way. Wurm doesn't run the place, but he's one of the really good ones we have around here.

Easy killer. When someone shows up in our community, and their first post is pimping another website, then yes we're going to be skeptical. Especially when that person posts a link to your site, and then immediately disappears. I don't know, or care if he's actually affiliated with you. I checked out your site, and got a few good laughs out of it. We're pretty protective of our community here, and we just try to make sure every vendor/site/etc. is on the up and up so our membership and community don't suffer damage. Your site was starting to get a little positive love over the last few posts, but you saying we're "acting like kids" certainly isn't going to get the welcome mat laid out for you. Relax, let us enjoy your site and sort out the other business our way. Wurm doesn't run the place, but he's one of the really good ones we have around here.

Well I apologize to the ones that weren't acting that way. I was honestly responding more so to this comment:

"Shawn, they're just a bunch of kids with a computer, smoking shitty cigars, cause they can't afford anything else. They have a crappy beer forum too. Like I need advice on crappy beer."

I'll drop it and hopefully everyone else will. I was just trying to defend myself as I don't go around spamming my site on forums. I use rss feeds, podcast networks, twitter, facebook, youtube, etc. to get the word out. Thanks again.

Aren't you the same guy who went right after Bayamos for what you thought was him sticking up for BigCSmoker?

No. As Nash can attest I only was warning him to stay out of it before he got fed to the wolves along with the OP.

Well I apologize to the ones that weren't acting that way. I was honestly responding more so to this comment:

"Shawn, they're just a bunch of kids with a computer, smoking shitty cigars, cause they can't afford anything else. They have a crappy beer forum too. Like I need advice on crappy beer."

I'll drop it and hopefully everyone else will. I was just trying to defend myself as I don't go around spamming my site on forums. I use rss feeds, podcast networks, twitter, facebook, youtube, etc. to get the word out. Thanks again.

In relation to the guy who said that, Devil Doc, you are a kid. So are most of us.

Your site is funny, and I for one will continue to poke around on it and get a few laughs. With that said I don't think anyone thinks you were shilling your own site, just not sure what to make of BigCSmoker and his 1 hit and run post. Good luck with your site and the sponsorship stuff you're working on.

Seems Gary is dead on. I went through five pages of SERP's with no reference of CP under the URL.

I think he meant to say............ "(found this topic by searching for Referring Traffic in Google Analytics)" :sign:
Might have Google Alerts turned on.. I find all kinds of links to my sites through Alerts that often show up before anyone ever clicks on the link.

Seems Gary is dead on. I went through five pages of SERP's with no reference of CP under the URL.

I think he meant to say............ "(found this topic by searching for Referring Traffic in Google Analytics)" :sign:
Might have Google Alerts turned on.. I find all kinds of links to my sites through Alerts that often show up before anyone ever clicks on the link.

Actually I do :) But it wasn't a google alert. I just searched for "crapcigar.com forums" I'm surprised, right around the same time frame I started getting mentioned on a bunch of different cigar forums, some of which I had never heard of before (this being one of them). It's brought a whole new crowd of people to my site which is awesome. I've been toying with the idea of crapcigar having it's own forums but I would need some moderators since I don't want the topics to get out of hand like this one did.

Actually I do :) But it wasn't a google alert. I just searched for "crapcigar.com forums" I'm surprised, right around the same time frame I started getting mentioned on a bunch of different cigar forums, some of which I had never heard of before (this being one of them). It's brought a whole new crowd of people to my site which is awesome. I've been toying with the idea of crapcigar having it's own forums but I would need some moderators since I don't want the topics to get out of hand like this one did.
Perhaps instead of creating your own forum, become a regular here.

That would certainly calm the skeptics. By the way, this topic didn't really get out of hand and mods wouldn't have prevented this anyway.

That would certainly calm the skeptics. By the way, this topic didn't really get out of hand and mods wouldn't have prevented this anyway.

Well the thing is, I don't use forums myself. The only reason I had signed up for this forum is because of this topic. I saw someone mentioning my site and then everyone thinking that person was affiliated with me. I read forums a lot, but never post very often. I'm mostly on twitter these days.

long_ashes is a good dude. :thumbs: Justin, and I have met and smoked a few times. '

Hey Justin, you guys going to post that interview I did for you at Beer Sellar, or was the audio horrible due to the noise?