• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Found Guilty

No harm, no foul here guys. Jon - you know I have friends, dear friends, in the LEO community that I have the utmost respect for. I really appreciate the LEO presence....perhaps a little less so when the blue and reds light up behind me on the freeway... ;) But, BS aside, you guys have a job, and I respect that....no quarter there.

Traffic is sometimes a sketchy area. I won't begin to second guess you guys and your efforts, but let me just say that we have all been "caught" in less than prime circumstances. Honestly, I've never argued a ticket where I knew I was in the wrong....but, in the case where it's a judgement call, it is sometimes a little hard to swallow for us when it goes badly. In the rare cases where the traffic officer isn't clear and consistant, it makes the pill harder to swallow. I've rolled radar at 8 over and the LEO didn't even look up. I've had Super Trooper's bust my chops at 5 over. Was I wrong...yes. Did I like it....not much...but I paid the ticket and shut up.

....and, getting caught really sucks.... :p

I've learned from my mistakes and gone on with life.....that as they say, is that.

I do not wish to offend any police officers OCCUPY WALL STREETERS whom may be members here, and I know that the officers OCCUPY WALL STREETERS "aren't all bad", but this justice system MOVEMENT
makes me sick to my stomach. Most cops OCCUPY WALL STREETERS are cowboys SPOILED ROTTEN TRUST FUND BABY ANARCHIST DUMBASSES, wanting to "prove" something. How many of us get tickets for cell phones or seat belts PAY OUR TAXES AND GO TO WORK EVERYDAY, yet
EVERY SINGLE cop OCCUPY WALL STREETER that passes me never has one on I SEE IS A FILTHY, UNEMPLOYABLE, DUMBASS, and IS ON THEIR phone COMPLAINING TO EVERYONE ABOUT THEIR DUMBASS MISTAKES.Ok, ok... the story of the seat belt hindering their ability to perform properly out in the feild UNIVERSITY THAT OVERCHARGED THEM FOR A WORTHLESS EDUCATION AND THE GOVERNMENT THAT SCREWED THEM BY MAKING THEIR LIVES TOO EASY is a grey area for sure. Still,  I have seen to much in-justice DEFECATING ON POLICE CARS AND STORIES OF RAPE that I simply cannot trust this justice system OCCUPY WALL STREET MOVEMENT we currently have.
DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO. GIVE ME WHAT I WANT AND GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT NOW OR I'LL SLEEP IN THE PARK FOR WEEKS ON END STINKING UP THE AREA AND DISTURBING THE GOOD HARD WORKING FOLKS WITH KIDS THAT LIVE IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD.
These people are paid by our tax dollars to "protect and serve" COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ARE SUCCESSFUL but most wish to just do just the opposite FORGO THE HARD WORK IT TAKES TO BE SO AND JUST DO, or "whatever they want" AND GET PAID $100,000/YR TO DO SO. And that "Its his word against yours" BONGOS AND "THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE thing is getting pretty old !!     It's BULLSH*T.

Yeah, absolutes are fun... :sign:
THIS POST SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS AN ENDORSEMENT OR CONDEMNATION OF ANY PERSON, MOVEMENT, PRAIRIE DOG, OR WALLABY. ANY SIMILARITY BETWEEN THIS POST AND ANY PERSON OR EVENTS IS ENTIRELY COINCIDENTAL AND UNINTENTIONAL. IT IS INTENDED TO BE NON-POLITICAL AND NON-CONTROVERSIAL IN NATURE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PLEASE DRIVE THRU...
That was AWESOME!!!!!! Just my 2 cents.

See Tom? Now that is an intelligent statement I can get behind! Not some regurgitated "one size fits all" statement like that other moron. People have been hoisting that banner for decades, find a new cause and move forward like a mature adult. :rolleyes:

As far as your stance on LEOs, Tom, your attitude and support has always been refreshing to me my friend. I completely agree that it is never fun being caught behind the blue and red lights, I know! (Yes, imagine that, the "Blue Line" doesn't exist everywhere.) In the end, it's a traffic ticket case that didn't completely go your way and not a wrongful conviction for murder. Does it suck? Oh yeah, but if that Officer is lying in court it will catch up to him someway somehow.

I've never met an Officer who has ever truly "got away with" deviant behavior, especially not in today's society where there is so much public oversight and scrutiny, and I am really thankful for that because we don't need bad apples. The guys that are bad apples have poor tactics, bad habits, and generally endanger other Officers legally, physically, and civilly. I say throw them out of the barrel as fast as you can.

broblues, I'm sorry you got screwed on your ticket. Some day, it will come back to you in a good way. Don't let one bad experience eat away at you, because most of the folks in uniform out there are good hard-working Americans just trying to do a job that no one else wants as best as they can.

It seems as though I have a fan club... I am frequently seeing the same people posting after my posts. weird ???
It seems as though you're offending a lot of people here (at least me) and you're continuing to do it.

I had an officer twist the truth in my court case, I had the same reaction you have currently. Faced 1-5, at the age of 18.

Best thing to happen to me because it kept me aware of my actions and consequences for my future. Life had better things in store for me.

I try not to sweat the small stuff, which is hard sometimes, but time gives you wisdom and insight. Plus I like Jon! :)

Snip....... but let me just say that we have all been "caught" in less than prime circumstances. Honestly, I've never argued a ticket where I knew I was in the wrong....but, in the case where it's a judgement call, it is sometimes a little hard to swallow for us when it goes badly. In the rare cases where the traffic officer isn't clear and consistant, it makes the pill harder to swallow. I've rolled radar at 8 over and the LEO didn't even look up. I've had Super Trooper's bust my chops at 5 over. Was I wrong...yes. Did I like it....not much...but I paid the ticket and shut up.

Nail -> Head.

I got a ticket last year on the turnpike for speeding in a construction zone. I had just entered the barrels, both traffic and the workers were a good 1000 ft. or so ahead of me. So I let off the gas and just let the car slow down as it coasted. Not but a few feet into the barrels, I see a cop running radar behind a little hill. Couldn't see him until you get right in front and it's too late. Need less to say, I was over the speed limit for the construction zone by a good 15 mph.

It sucked that the cop was sitting right at the beginning of the construction zone, but I admitted I was over the limit and it was my fault for that.

There are good and bad people in every industry and organization. To judge the entire group by the actions of one is the basis for many ignorant assumptions. As others have said SIS you are ruffling some of the people who keep this community what it is. Perhaps some self reflection is in order.

Broblues, I agree it sucks you got screwed in this. Chalk it up to some crappy luck and hope for some good to take its place.

At this point, I must post: I am sorry if I have offended anyone here with my post. My post is specific to one police officer who as far as I am concerned, made one mistake. I respect the job officers are required to do and in by far most cases, do well.

I just vented my unfortunate circumstances here, because I needed to vent, and you fellows usually offer good thoughts.

Thanks to everyone that I heard from.............Sorry to those I have offended. I am off of this thread.

At this point, I must post: I am sorry if I have offended anyone here with my post. My post is specific to one police officer who as far as I am concerned, made one mistake. I respect the job officers are required to do and in by far most cases, do well.

I just vented my unfortunate circumstances here, because I needed to vent, and you fellows usually offer good thoughts.

Thanks to everyone that I heard from.............Sorry to those I have offended. I am off of this thread.

Just to clarify broblues, I wasn't offended by your post at all! You vented, and that is completely your right man, it's a crappy situation for sure, and I hope some good comes your way to make up for it.

With that out of the way, I'm sure you can figure out who currently has "foot-in-mouth" disease that most people are taking issue with. He wants to believe he has a fan club following, while others see it as him just getting a bit more rope for when he ends up on the other side of the forum login.

Lesson learned is not to vent in absolutes because people will focus on the words rather than the vent.

Lesson learned is not to vent in absolutes because people will focus on the words rather than the vent.
X2

How about offering up some "friendly" advice instead of bashing someone. You have been doing a lot of that lately Souldog!

X2

How about offering up some "friendly" advice instead of bashing someone. You have been doing a lot of that lately Souldog!

No, not this one Nash, sorry buddy. As far as "lately," I post here less and less, so I don't know what you mean by lately...

Lately as in every other post......over the past few months. Its almost like you only post when you can ram someones words down their throat. I do realise that as soon as he started in on police officers that hit a nerve for you but come on.

Please dont take this as an endorsement of my great friend S-I-S post as he knows i dont agree with the Occupy movement.

Lately as in every other post......over the past few months. Its almost like you only post when you can ram someones words down their throat. I do realise that as soon as he started in on police officers that hit a nerve for you but come on.

Please dont take this as an endorsement of my great friend S-I-S post as he knows i dont agree with the Occupy movement.

I can see what you're saying and where you're coming from and I respect that. I frankly don't have a whole lot to say on the matter, other than your buddy singled out police officers with some pretty poor broad statements about people that help keep his neighborhood safe at night, so I took offense to that. I think it's admirable you feel the need to defend him as he's your friend, but I can't give you a reason as to why you think I just show up here to "ram someone's words down their throat." That's your perception, not mine. I've also never had an issue with you Nash, so don't take this reply as such, just merely addressing your concerns.

Sure thing Rod, sorry for saying anything. I'll remember to keep my mouth shut next time.

Sure thing Rod, sorry for saying anything. I'll remember to keep my mouth shut next time.
Not sure I agree with you there Jon....I say, 'speak your mind when you feel like doing so'...that's what America is all about. Just remember, there is a Yin for every Yang.

While sometimes the conversations get heated, I think the process is usually well played out and lessons are learned by all those involved on both sides of the fence. I have total faith in the membership to straighten out these types of matters in an intelligent and civil manner....given the time.

JMHO