• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Founders Breakfast Stout and Cigars with Phlicker

Carps

I had the opportunity to meet up with a fellow botl named Phlicker last week. He was kind enough to pick me up some LG rarities and so we met up at Mahogany in Philly for a smoke and a beer. We ended up talking about beer and Founder's brewery came up. I told Mike that Monk's Cafe around the corner has their Breakfast Stout and before I could say, “let's go have one”; he finished his beer and was ready to leave. Anyways, we each had a couple and for those who have yet to try it please do; the beer is definitely something worth searching for. I wouldn’t pass up drinking a double chocolate coffee oatmeal stout and talking about cigars any day. Thanks again Mike.

Sounds like a great time and if I didn't know better I think he took me on a similar tour of Philly last fall! Monks is a kick ass bar, even better then anything we have here in the beer "mecca" and Mahogany on Walnut is a great place for a smoke.

Agreed, the Breakfast Stout is very good and the Kentucky Breakfast Stout is even better so give it a shot if you see it. :thumbs:

Sounds like a great time and if I didn't know better I think he took me on a similar tour of Philly last fall! Monks is a kick ass bar, even better then anything we have here in the beer "mecca" and Mahogany on Walnut is a great place for a smoke.

Agreed, the Breakfast Stout is very good and the Kentucky Breakfast Stout is even better so give it a shot if you see it. :thumbs:

I special ordered a case of each from a local distributor :D , but i will not know until the next couple weeks if I definitely got any :( . I was told that only 12 cases of KBS were allocated to this area, but the guy said I should have a case of the BS. Mike actually mentioned your visit and told me how surprised you were by all of the rare beer they had. I am a big fan of stouts and the BS is the best I've had so far, but lets wait to see when I have the Kentucky version. Hopefully we can all meet up if you ever visit again.

Good stuff, I'll have to check out Monks next time I take a ride down to Holt's!

Jonas,
Matt at the Beer Yard has a case of KBS on hold for me when it comes in...if you can't get any, lmk...oh, and Carps, I hear the regular BS is only released in the fall, so you may be on that waiting list at Bella Vista for awhile. See if you can find out when he plans on getting each in. My guy in Wayne has a pretty good idea of when each will be around:

Matt from the Beer Yard in Wayne said:
Mike,

I'll put you on the list for the Kentucky . . . that should be arrive in the next 3-5 weeks. The Breakfast Stout is a late October release, so we won't be seeing that for a while.

Oh, and I love Monk's...and Eulogy...and the Black Sheep...and the Standard Tap Room... :love:

Jonas,
Matt at the Beer Yard has a case of KBS on hold for me when it comes in...if you can't get any, lmk...oh, and Carps, I hear the regular BS is only released in the fall, so you may be on that waiting list at Bella Vista for awhile. See if you can find out when he plans on getting each in. My guy in Wayne has a pretty good idea of when each will be around:

Matt from the Beer Yard in Wayne said:
Mike,

I'll put you on the list for the Kentucky . . . that should be arrive in the next 3-5 weeks. The Breakfast Stout is a late October release, so we won't be seeing that for a while.

Oh, and I love Monk's...and Eulogy...and the Black Sheep...and the Standard Tap Room... :love:

Lucky bastid :thumbs: . Thanks for raining on my parade :( I will wait and see if I get something. I guess it was a good thing to give you the idea of calling your distributor :thumbs:

You guys really make me hate living in the beer blackhole of the world sometimes. :(

You guys really make me hate living in the beer blackhole of the world sometimes. :(

Oh come on, you got more dealers then Canseco, Bonds and Clemons combined! :laugh: :laugh:

Mike, Jonas, and Justin all of you have the beer hook up! I want to be like you guys when I grow up. The Founders Breakfast and KBS are still on my wish list ??? along with everybody else's! :laugh:

Mike, Jonas, and Justin all of you have the beer hook up! I want to be like you guys when I grow up. The Founders Breakfast and KBS are still on my wish list ??? along with everybody else's! :laugh:
I'm sure you can be accommodated... ;)

Oh, and BTW, growing old is inevitable..."growing up" is purely optional :D

Monks is a kick ass bar, even better then anything we have here in the beer "mecca"
Yes, Monks rocks, as previously mentioned. I do, however, take slight issue with your referring to CO as the beer "mecca." Sure you get the GABF every year, but are you "AMERICA'S BEST Beer-Drinking City?"

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/features/13888586.html

Joe Sixpack said:
Here's what we've got going for us:

Tradition. We were making beer in this town before William Penn even stepped foot on dry land. The Declaration of Independence was practically written in our Colonial taverns. The nation's first lager - the most popular style in America - was brewed in Northern Liberties. Beer is in our DNA.

Diversity. We enjoy more styles of beer than anybody else. Other beer towns are so parochial, they boast that they won't drink anything but their own; Philly sucks down everything.

The Belgian beer trend? It was invented here.

American craft beer? Every American microbrewer sends its beer here, or wishes it could.

Local beer? Our breweries produce award-winning versions of practically every beer style known to man. (Victory, Sly Fox, Troegs, Weyerbacher, Legacy, Yards, Philadelphia Brewing Co., Dog Fish Head, Yuengling, Iron Hill, Manayunk Brewing, General Lafayette, River Horse, Stoudts...I can keep going here...)

Taverns. This is Philly's trump card. That corner bar you take for granted is what makes the city unique. In most towns, beer joints have as much atmosphere as a T.G.I. Friday's. Philadelphia is a city of neighborhoods, and that's never more true than in its tavern scene. Think of Standard Tap, the Khyber, McGillin's Old Ale House, Monk's, Eulogy, South Philly Tap Room, Grace Tavern. Whether they're Irish, German, Belgian, Italian, Polish or good ol' American, our joints not only serve great beer, they are real and vibrant reflections of the city.
Oh, and we have Holt's, too :D

Don't mess with the City of Brotherly Love! (or we might break your kneecaps... ;) )