• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FREE

mitchshrader

I've been collecting booze for about 6 months, just barely a novice.

I don't know what I'm doing, most of the time, and struggle to sort recommendations for quality and relevance..

So, I make mistakes, and wind up with things that'd suit others MUCH more than myself..

AND, I have lucky (Or Guided) successes, and acquire things I'd really like to share around for comments and bragging..

So.. Given that *Of Course* I will be obeying all laws, regulations, and customs, both locally and internationally and wouldn't DREAM of evading any excise taxes, postal regulations, or distributors intentions.. :) ..

Who wants freebies? I am not rich, I'm not trying to give away unlimited free booze, and I don't have any desire for conspicuous altruism. This is a way to share the tastes with those who'd otherwise have to buy a bottle just to find out if they wanted to buy a bottle..

SO, the freebies will be LITTLE BITTY freebies. I'm at this point trying to find out WHO is interested.

I'm going to have to require shipping costs to be covered for international shipments... so if you're outside the US, message me and we'll try to find a way that's affordable and fair.

This is speculation. I may never ship one single sample.. at this point I intend to, and am trying to find out who is interested..

And I'd strongly prefer that I give out samples to those who would otherwise not be able to taste 'em.. so if you've got a bottle of it on the shelf.. SAY SO.. and I'll substitute something you don't, or save it for someone else..

Now, these are all 'mid level' booze, mostly scotch, a few north american whiskies, stuff that's findable and semi-affordable at worst.. so your wish list is relevant..

I won't be sending any Ouzo or Arrak or Tequila samples.. and don't WANT any, either.. :)

And this *isn't* a way to promote free cigars! I don't WANT any cigars, unless they happen to be very tiny ones, and I can afford what I smoke, so cigars aren't tempting to me.. (really! even fancy ones, unless they're tiny)

This is as I've stated, an outgrowth of my collecting hobby, and because it gives me more pleasure to share some things than hoard them. I'll NOT share what I want to hoard. I will tell you what it is, but if it's good enough to hoard, you don't NEED a sample, just go buy it. :)

So, give me some feedback here.. who would like a sample or three of some nice alternatives to Ten High?

You can target your audience better if you list the samples you may have available. IMHO.

Good thought..

Lot #40 (Canadian, Single Distillation, Malted Rye & Small Grain Mash, Pot Stilled) This spirit is close to a full malted rye, not much barley if any is noticeable.. the corn gives it a bit more sweetness than a pure rye, and a bit of an oily mouthfeel..

but it'd pass for a 'Rye Whiskey' in just about anybodys glass. Very STRONG flavor, if you don't like rye don't bother.

You may love it. Some do. It makes me want to go to the still and stand around and act friendly.. but it's not something I want 40 gallons of in the basement..

Gooderham & Worts Canadian Whiskey Lot # 4

An uptown cousin of Lot #40, The oldest continuously made whiskey in Canada.. so they claim.. (meaning the oldest company, not the booze) ..

This is to rye as a light scotch blend is to scotch single malt.. It's a heck of a lot smoother and lighter, nearly the same taste but less of it, and a lot cleaner because it's double distilled. This is good bar whiskey by my standard. It'd go in about any mixed cocktail without fuss, it wouldn't make a bourbon drinker mad, and most scotch drinkers could choke it down without arguement either. Well built, hard to complain about, just not a a "tiny sips and take notes" kind of whiskey.

If you like to DRINK when you drink, Gooderham & Worts is just fine. A lot more fun than Canadian Club, it doesn't hurt, and you needn't act reverent. It's not bottom shelf booze in a bar, it probably is in most collections..

I'll likely add a pair of Scotch Malts, one heavily peated and one not, for a 4-way sample.. Strong Rye, Light Rye, Strong Peat, Light Peat..

Mulling on the logistics of it, this is most definitely a 'work in progress' far as how much of it and when.. but I'm getting there.. ???