• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friends on the Forum

Cigar FF

Curious to know the story behind how you become friends with some other members of the forum? I know that herfs, meetups, etc. are a great way to get to know fellow brothers and sisters but for some of you who live on opposite ends of the land, what is credited to the strengthening of your friendship on here? (besides being B/SOTL)

Curious to know the story behind how you become friends with some other members of the forum? I know that herfs, meetups, etc. are a great way to get to know fellow brothers and sisters but for some of you who live on opposite ends of the land, what is credited to the strengthening of your friendship on here? (besides being B/SOTL)

Trades, box splits, passes, etc. If you do trades with the same people, over and over again, you get to know them pretty quickly. Phone calls happen as well.

While I've herfed with some, for the most part I have not met those I'm most familiar with in person. Like Freebern said, it's about being here for a long time, trading, splits, passes, and other things. Also FB friends with some and get to see what their life outside of CP looks like.

I guess after being around 10 years, you just seem to know the main stays like regular friends. Feels that way at least.

Many, many bombs and trades, phone chats, e-mails, and a few trips to the Quad State Herf to meet up face to face with the BOTL's on the east coast. Oh, and that Swissy guy from AK that shows up every now and then......;-)

Gary's avatars keep me coming back.

Honestly, it's the community of people is the reason I keep things going. I wish I could be more active, however life is very busy at the moment. I've been part of other communities, and this is by far the smoothest and well behaved bunch I've ever seen. For the most part. ;)

For me, my discovery of the site was while deployed. Worked nights, had time, read a lot, posted less, and just sort of grew into the family. Bombed, got bombed, passes..well newbie sampler, I've never been part of a pass (was in Germany for years). Made some mistakes, (my SS debacle this year), owned them, beefed with a member, but I think we're cool now. Traveled to Canada to meet a member (had a blast!) and just time. I think Danno (monk) was the first real friend I made. Had Todd, no less, as a kid for SS ONCE! How the hell do you send cigars to the guy that runs a cigar website?! Been gifted a lot and just love the family. Good people, the lot of you!

-Trey

We are all people. Some of us are even good people! I think this forum is built on a mutual respect and funnels that into shared interests. We learn from each other, look to each other, and value the viewpoints that each member brings to the forum. I have lots of friends on this forum. I have met up with many of them. I hope to meet many more.

When I first joined, I would spend a good portion of the day in chat talking with some of the members here. Over time, got to meet a bunch of them. Few of them have even stayed with me when they eventually made it to NY.

I'm going on six years here. Only place I go. Started as an uninformed newbe and have been learning since. The brotherhood is fantastic and sometimes past amazing. Have made friends, lost one or two and surprised beyond my wildest expectations. Involvement has something to do with it, but being a stand up guy, contributing ( once and awhile ) don't hurt. Best I can say is Magic happens for reasons only know to the individual, sometimes including a White Owl Grape.

Pug is good people. Chatted on the phone several times. Can't wait to meet him!

-Trey

I am a new guy to the forum, so haven't really gotten to know many of the members. But we have a common bond, the love of the leaf.
Last fall I had a granddaughter getting ready to start kindergarten. She told me she was nervous because she didn't know anybody. I told her that it was ok to be nervous, but to realize those other kids she didn't know we're really friends she hadn't me yet. After a few days of school she was telling me about all of her new friends.

I'm going on six years here. Only place I go. Started as an uninformed newbe and have been learning since. The brotherhood is fantastic and sometimes past amazing. Have made friends, lost one or two and surprised beyond my wildest expectations. Involvement has something to do with it, but being a stand up guy, contributing ( once and awhile ) don't hurt. Best I can say is Magic happens for reasons only know to the individual, sometimes including a White Owl Grape.

So not much has change in 6 years for you huh Ed? :p

As its been said. Time and involvement. CP goes in phases. There are times when it seems like people are putting together herfs and passes every couple weeks to periods when there is only one or two passes and herfs a year. Get involved where you can. Try not to be an asshat and be genuinely interested in the members here and build a connection/bond based off mutual interests. It's no different than making friends and meeting new people in person.

So not much has change in 6 years for you huh Ed? :p

As its been said. Time and involvement. CP goes in phases. There are times when it seems like people are putting together herfs and passes every couple weeks to periods when there is only one or two passes and herfs a year. Get involved where you can. Try not to be an asshat and be genuinely interested in the members here and build a connection/bond based off mutual interests. It's no different than making friends and meeting new people in person.

I can feels da LOVE brother. This is what keeps me coming back.

That is the point of a glory hole, is it not? o_O

tumblr_inline_o25q9tSvK31r6hap5_540.jpg