• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friggin mold

mmburtch

Sleep deprived and cranky
Just friggin lovely. Under the cedar on an '08. Well, I guess I know what tomorrow's project will be.

Just friggin lovely. Under the cedar on an '08. Well, I guess I know what tomorrow's project will be.
NOOOOO!!!! I'm away and can't check my box of 46's from 08! I'll be taking the sleeves off and checking right when I get back into town. Terrible news!

Sounds like par for the course of Anejo's. At least the last 3-4 years.

I've noticed that too. A couple of weeks ago I went and removed all the cedar wraps from my cigars that had them.

That sucks. They were supposed to have fixed that. I have 7 or 8 boxes from '08 and now I feel like I'll have to babysit them all the time. Looks like I have project this weekend - checking for mold in those boxes. Dammit.

Just out of curiosity, and not to threadjack, but what would cause mold in one specific cigar over others? On the same token, what would be the cause of more beetle infestations in one specific cigar (Graycliff?) than others.

Edit to add: I don't have either brands of cigars, through my reading I've just seen that the Anejo's have more of a tendency to have mold and Graycliffs have more of a tendency to have a beetle infestation.

That sucks. They were supposed to have fixed that. I have 7 or 8 boxes from '08 and now I feel like I'll have to babysit them all the time. Looks like I have project this weekend - checking for mold in those boxes. Dammit.

LOL Kinda like Carlito was quoted @ CF as "shocked that a mold problem existed" in 2007 it "was the first time he had heard of anything like that"
:sign:

I just checked on a couple from both a box of 46 and 50 from this year and no mold. I won't go thru each stick, but 4 w/o mold is a good enough sign by me.

Good luck
Bob

Sh!t. Thanks for the head's up. Mine had a few spots under the cedar :angry:

On the plus side, I might as well smoke the one I have tonight! :thumbs:

What do you know, just checked mine, mold just starting to form. It looks pretty good after wiping it off, I'm going to smoke it tonight!! mmburtch you saved one.

*ETA*

My Anejo was sitting next to a Perfexion which is packaged exactly the same, I'm assuming it's something to do with the outer tobacco leaf.

There wasn't a Father's Day release last year that I can remember so are these from the Christmas release just a couple of months ago?

I just checked my stash, mine does not look like there are problems.

Thanks for the heads up as well, three of my last four 46s have mold, and the only 55 as well. :(

They all look ok after a good wipe down. Guess I know what I will be smoking for the next couple of days.

The 55 was the worst by the way.

Rich

I have boxes of 46 and 55 that are a few years old and they all have mold. Seems to be a recurring and common issue now with anejos.

Just checked my stash and everything good at this point. :cool: Lets hope it stays that way.

My assorted singles from last Christmas all look fine. I have 3 boxes from this Christmas all still sporting their cedar so it's hard to tell.

Sounds like par for the course of Anejo's. At least the last 3-4 years.

"You're one of the lucky ones to have developed plume so quickly, and you're complaining?"

I know, that's the unoriginal joke of the decade. I finally have a small stock of Anejos (maybe 25, but that's big for me), sucks to hear this. It especially sucks to hear this again.

There has to be something to the development of this mold... Where are our tobacco type/temp/humidity/storage gurus at? Do we have any? Seriously, if some are aren't developing mold and some are, there must be a way to protect them. It cannot be completely random.