• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

From Atlantic's Website :0

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
Sorry if this has been posted.....

BREAKING NEWS

DEAR VALUED CUSTOMERS:

WE WOULD LIKE TO REPORT TO YOU A RECENT DEVELOPMENT THAT WE THOUGHT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE MADE AWARE OF. EVER SINCE ATLANTICCIGAR.COM WAS AWARDED WITH THE TITLE OF #1 ONLINE & MAIL ORDER CIGAR COMPANY AN INTERESTING THING HAS HAPPENED THAT IS BOTH FRIGHTENING AND ALARMING. JR CIGARS THE PROUD OWNER OF SANTA CLARA INC., THEIR DISTRIBUTION DIVISION, HAS STOPPED SUPPLYING US WITH CIGARS. WHEN OUR NORMAL DAILY SHIPMENTS DID NOT ARRIVE WE CALLED SANTA CLARA THINKING THAT THERE MUST HAVE BEEN A MISTAKE OR SOMEONE FORGET TO PROCESS THE ORDER. INSTEAD THEY REFUSE TO RETURN OUR CALLS, SO MUCH FOR EIGHT YEARS OF A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ACTUALLY SMOKE THEIR PRODUCTS WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO OFFER AN ALTERNATIVE FOR EACH OF THEIR CIGARS. ALL BUSINESSES HAVE THEIR INDUSTRY GOLIATHS WHO TRY AND CONTROL AS MUCH OF THE FLOW OF GOODS AND PRICES AS THEY CAN. WE HAVE WORKED LONG AND HARD TO BE IN A POSITION TO BRING YOU, OUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS, A QUALITY SERVICE THAT YOU HAVE COME TO EXPECT, APPRECIATE AND DEPEND ON. WE WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO THESE STRONG ARM TACTICS (EVEN FROM AN INDUSTRY POWERHOUSE LIKE JR CIGARS) AND HOPE THAT YOU WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT US WHILE LETTING OUR COMPETITOR KNOW JUST HOW MUCH YOU DISLIKE SUCH BEHAVIOR. SOMETIMES THE POWERS THAT BE NEED TO KNOW THAT US LITTLE GUYS EXIST AND THAT WE WILL BE HEARD EVEN IF ITS OVER THE CONSTANT RING OF THEIR CASH REGISTERS.

REGARDS,

AMERICO & PAUL SCIPIONI ATLANTICCIGAR.COM

Looks like no more (from Atlanic :():
Belinda
Bolivar
Casa Blanca
ERDM
Montecruz
Mayorga
Maria Mancini
La Rosa
La Finca

Cheers,
Dixie

No big loss, most of those brand suck a$$ anyway :p

ERDM doesn't make sense though, I thought they were owned by the same company/factory or whatever as HdM & Punch? Aren't they all made in that factory in Cofradia, Honduras?

Ah, I'm kinda getting rusty on domectics now anyway so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

I predict CC will hit 4000 posts at 14:11 EDT 29 Aug, 2004. :thumbs: Do I win??

Nothing there I will miss. Actually, I've never ordered from AC, you guys big fans? How do they compare in price, selection, (I can look that up myself, but selection is relative, JR spends a lot of time with stuff I want not in stock) and service to seriouscigars and JR's?

I've had nothing but GREAT experiences with AC. :thumbs: Their prices seem to be (as they promise) the lowest I've found anywhere.

Of that list, I've purchased boxes of Mayorga, ERDM, and Bolivar from them - but I can of course get those from other sources. However, AC is my exclusive source for La Perla. I'm soooo relieved thet isn't one of the brands affected :)

Cheers,
Dixie

I found AC to be a great source for several cigars, none from that list. No loss to me, but apparantly some people buy those sticks. Bummer that they are cut off. Not fair.

On the other hand there are two sides to every story. I wonder what JR's perspective is.

Peter

Pepe said:
On the other hand there are two sides to every story. I wonder what JR's perspective is.

Peter
I'm sure there probably is???

.....I was just posting to let the other customers know those brands wouldn't be available.

I only regularly buy about 6 brands of domestics and half were on this list. :(

La Perla
Bolivar
ERDM
Fonseca
Mayorga
Oliva

Cheers,
Dixie

Pepe said:
Lew Rothmans response, posted on CigarWeekly that has now been deleted:

"You have copied 32 pages of our copyrighted web site.
That's why we are not going to do business with you....asshole !"

Good Lord. After 7 pages, I was thourghly tired of it. If the flames ever get doused, someone mind summing it up? Both sides are presenting some good points. I would hate to referree this one.

Horse said:
Good Lord. After 7 pages, I was thourghly tired of it. If the flames ever get doused, someone mind summing it up? Both sides are presenting some good points. I would hate to referree this one.
I'm gald we treated how we did :thumbs:

CP version:
"Bummer that we can't get a few brands from AC some of us like"
"yup"

HP version
WFT, OMG, Lew's an ass, AC's an ass, everybody's an ass-ass ^&%*^$^*%$^%$*^$*&%*^(*&%$%^$*&^$%(& AC's a text thief P)(I#@)(*$+#)($*0=(#@)+(#*@$)+( Big busines.....little business......david and goliath.....WTF,

WFT, OMG, Lew's an ass, AC's an ass, everybody's an ass-ass ^&%*^$^*%$^%$*^$*&%*^(*&%$%^$*&^$%(& AC's a text thief P)(I#@)(*$+#)($*0=(#@)+(#*@$)+( Big busines.....little business......david and goliath.....WTF,

OK, obviously, I couldn't get through the whole thing either :p

Cheers,
Dixie

It's really easy to sum up. Everybody is saying, "I'm right and you're wrong". ;)

For those of you that don't want to dig around here it is:

Subject: Re: From one of my fave vendors...

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.smokers.cigars
Date: 2004-08-29 04:43:59 PST

I was hoping this baloney wouldn't spread too here, but obviously it has.
This company is being sued for copying our images and descriptions of both
brands we own and other brands we do not own from our web-site.
They were previously sued by us for using metatags to divert traffic from our
web site to their web site.
This is not a case of little guy vs. big guy. This is a case or wrong versus
right.
The company does not employ writers and photographers for the benefit of the
industry, we employ them because they are necessary to run our business. The
company does not register trademarks and copyright catalogues etc. just to make
busy work for law firms. We do it to protect our ownership of the materials we
create at great expense.
If we fail to protect those materials once we become aware of an infringement,
then the trademarks may be vacated in the eyes of the courts.

Being a "small" guy may allow you to slip "under the radar" for a period of
time and get away with infractions of the law, but that doesn't make it right,
it just makes it possible for awhile.

These people violated our rights before, were taken to court, and were stopped.
Now they were doing something different, and have to be stopped all over again.
This is a no win situation for our company and we waste a ton of money every
year defending our intellectual rights against trespassers.

I could, if I chose to go on a public forum like Atlantic did, name over a
dozen other internet cigar companies (and you would know almost all the names)
that we have also taken to court to protect these same intellectual properties.
However, a public forum is not where this gets decided. It gets decided in a
court of law.

This will be my only post on this particular subject.